C H A P T E R T H R E E

HUNTER'S POV

"Oh, the sixth is Omega." Tech confirmed.

"Why are you just now telling us this?" Echo groaned.

"Well, I thought it was obvious." Tech shrugged. Wrecker threw up his arms in disbelief. "How is it obvious?!"

"We have to go back for Omega." I said, and afterwards I paused, for there was someone else we couldn't leave behind. "We have to get Fern, as well." Contemplating on how we were going to convince her to join us, (she wasn't our biggest fans...well, no one was for that matter), my eyes peered down at the vibro-knife I had retrieved from the battle droid during the simulation. It belonged to her, meaning she was watching us when control center switched to live ammo.

"Well, that's not going to be easy." Tech stated. "You know, considering the fact she despises all of us."

I sighed in agreement. "Yeah, I know. But she may not know the extent of what's going on, and since she's one of us, we can't leave her. We'll get both Fern and Omega off Kamino."

"Really, Hunter, when did you go so soft?" Crosshair sneered. "Last time I checked, Fern wants nothing to do with you, and now you are going to waste our time convincing her to come with you? Not to mention, a kid as well?

"We have to try." I glared right back at the sharpshooter, who had been acting strange ever since Order 66 was initiated. "Omega had tried to warn me, and now she and Fern are in danger, just like we are. We're getting them out. Even if I have to stun and drag Fern's body to do so."

—————————————————————

FERN'S POV

"Oh, jeez, what is that stench?" I plugged my nose the moment the panel door slid open. "And what a mess! This place cannot be habitable." The entire barrack was crowded with junked trophies from missions over the years, from torn-off droid heads to gadgets that I assumed Tech enjoyed the most. Boxes were scattered in a sloppy manner and there were bunches of wires sprawled out completely exposed. Weapons were collected on the metal table in the center of the room, along with dozens of tiny trinkets. Who knows where the odor was coming from...

"It's not that bad." Omega exclaimed and began exploring throughout the junk. I also looked around, gently kicking away debris in my way, which was with every step. Catching something at the corner of my right eye, I moved a box and discovered a wall panel completely scratched up with tally marks. There must've been at least 150 of them. A small grin broke across my lips. Mission count, huh? There were so many of them. My fingers unconsciously brushed a few of them, and I found myself pondering over what each mission must've been like.

I heard Omega giggle behind me and saw that she had found a red and black Tooka doll. Definitely belonged to Wrecker. The closest bed near me had a skull spray-painted above it. It must've been Hunter's. Right at the foot of the bed was a trunk. Curious, I opened it and on top was a techno-frame. I picked it up and switched it on. A photo of Clone Force 99 appeared, with them all lined up except for Tech who knelt in the front.

I swallowed the sudden lump that had formed in my throat. Then, I sighed. My fingers gripped the edges of the frame. The years had treated them good, after all.

Suddenly, my ears picked up some movement from outside the barrack. Omega heard it, too, and looked at me. "Time to go." I placed the frame down and hoisted myself to my feet. Omega followed me, but when the door panel opened, I was halted in my tracks and the young girl bumped into my back. A Coruscant guard squad marched in; the leader towered over me.

"You're not authorized to be here." he snarled, weapon in hand. He looked at the rest of his men. "Pack up their gear and take it to the hangar. You two," He reached out to me and Omega. "are coming with me."