1.)

After laying my outfit out on the bed I put on my grey straight leg jeans with just holes at the knees. Along with my tight fitted dark forest green mock neck. It's a month into the school year and the Washington rain is already a constant reminder that summer is officially over. However, lucky enough for me there was a break in the rain so I was able to walk instead of pay for the bus. I pushed my box braids past my shoulders then applied some concealer to cover up any dark circles and some mascara. I finished it off with a shimmery nude lip gloss. I grabbed my white high top converse, a tan leather jacket and my backpack. Before leaving I grabbed a cinnamon raisin bagel with my knife I spread the strawberry Philly cream cheese and went on my way. A voice carries from the other room. My mom steps out phone against her shoulder as she rests her head on it to prevent it from falling.

"Sophie!! Have a great day at school I'm going to be home later because I need to fill in someone's shift at work. Please make dinner for your brother." She says this while carrying her paperwork from her room to the kitchen.

"Got it mom, love you! Don't work yourself too hard." I say with a little concern on my face.

"Don't worry baby I know. Love you too." She says chuckling.

I grab my stuff and walk while eating my bagel it's not a super far walk to school but it's definitely not a short one. Now if anyone asks I can tell them I workout. When I reach the front doors of school like any other day something feels different. Commotion is spreading, I look around and see a load of people talking. This is different usually everyone is on their phone as much as we all like to try to hide our addiction. The social aspect of school used to be more interesting to me I guess I'm still included in it but as the years have passed so have my interests. I used to thrive on being popular because to just be honest it feels good to be liked. But I also realized I took time away from my studies, and my family. I still love hanging with friends but I'm less popular now and honestly I could care less.

My dream school is to get into University of Washington however their acceptance rate is much lower than other schools. I also want to get as many scholarships as I can because of how pricey these schools are. I walk up to group of friends. A part of me knows some of them don't care about my well-being but I've known them since middle school and I'm already a junior so it's hard to just make another group. One of my best friend's from the group was Jasmine sadly she moved away to Pennsylvania for her dad's work. The rest of them I had way more in common with them when I was a freshman or sophomore. I hear the chatter of their gossiping. Everyone is focused on the 7 new kids from this very exclusive boarding school. Our school is nice but their school is in Bellevue so that's a whole different category of nice. I was wondering if I went to a super exclusive boarding school why would I leave? I mean don't they have better education or more colleges looking at them? It just didn't make sense. They were all dressed to the nines everyone would've called them weird if they weren't attractive. All the guys wore was a white long sleeved button up shirt the sleeves had two red lines outlining the end of the sleeve. They also had black pants and nice black shoes. The girls wore almost the same thing except they had black skirts that ended halfway on their thighs. With long socks and dress shoes. They all were walking grouped together they looked inseparable.

I was intrigued but also focused on my ap chem test. This was a huge test since it was out second to last test of the semester. I needed to ace this one. While everyone was out in the halls I walked into an classroom with one other person inside it. I grab all my notes and start highlighting the key things to go over on the test. 5 minutes before the bell ring people started walking in. Internally I was freaking out leg was fidgeting moving up and down and I squeezed my nails into the palm of my hand to focus. I look over across the room to see if anyone is looking at me in case it's obvious I'm freaking out. My eyes meet a male staring back at me. Very well dressed he must've been one of the 7 new kids. He had black straight hair swept back. Tan skin he was of Asian descent. Honestly very attractive and tall. I look away right as he sends his gaze at me, getting annoyed at myself for making it obvious I was staring at him. No biggie Sophie calm down focus on the test. The bell rings and class begins. The teacher hands out the test. It was on stoichiometry God I hate stoichiometry. I finish the test not quite sure what I would get on it. When I finish the test I went up and handed it to the teacher at the front desk. I scroll on my phone as I wait for the bell to ring and see Maeve texting on the group chat. She asks who is the most attractive out of the 7? A part of me doesn't want to answer but my bluntness gets the best of me.