5.)

softiesoph : you awake again?

maeveygravy : yup. wanna come over and watch a movie?

softiesoph : sure! is your mom home?

maeveygravy : nope at the bar or some guys house idk just come over anytime.

I meet up with Maeve on Sunday I'm just wearing my go to outfit sweats and a hoodie. I add hoop earrings so I can look like I tried along with my Nike Air Force 1s. Maeve is wearing a bedazzled black crop top that has cosmic written on the front. Along with mid rise baggy jeans and some fancy earrings. Her blonde hair is right above her shoulders but still below her jaw. She is wearing these rectangle 90's type of sunglasses that make her look that much more put together. We start walking over to her house. Her mom went out to a bar last night, her mom isn't a drunk I think she just needed a night to herself after the divorce. Maybe with somebody else.

"You okay being by yourself? You can always come over to my house." I ask a bit worried for her.

"Thanks Soph I'm good." She shifts a bit when walking and we stop at her front steps.

I know she isn't good she barely gets any sleep I mean how hard is it when you are that old and thought your parents were in love still.

"Are you sure Maeve?" I ask again knowing I might be overstepping boundaries.

"Drop it." She looks stern and I look at her for a second in shock.

"I'm sorry I just am looking out for you I didn't mean to get up in all your business." I frown trying to keep a stiff upper lip.

"I know you are.. it's fine I just want to get my mind off of things yannow?" She says looking at the ground.

"Yeah of course. Come on let's go to the minit mart by your house and get some snacks to watch a movie!" I say to get her mind off of all the drama going on.

"Bet! Let's go right now!" She says excited jumping.

It's 6 in the morning. I went to bed super early yesterday after the date to get my mind off of some things so I woke up at 4 or 5 I can't really remember which one. All I know is it was hella early. Maeve is an insomniac so I know she's always up for anything.  By the time we met up the sun didn't even rise yet. That is one of the sole reasons why we carry pepper spray and pocket knifes. It's for the weirdos on the streets.

We walk up the steps and enter her front door. I set my stuff down on the table and look over at her reading nook. This is where Maeve gets her solace when she doesn't sleep. We decide to get the snacks early so I pack my tote bag and stroll with her to the gas station. On the walk there i don't see any people. Understandable I mean it's super early in the morning but I hate thinking what could happen if there isn't anyone around. I firmly grip my fingers around the pepper spray just knowing how bad my luck has been. When we make it to the minit mart the bell chimes on the door as we walk in. I look over to my left as I see the hot dogs turning on the hot dog roller. The icee machine is at the back of the store with flavors like green apple, wild cherry, and blue raspberry. All along the isles you see different iced teas, lemonade, chips, candy. Anything you could ever want, there is something that just feels so much better about going to a gas station than a store early in the morning like it's a road trip. We obviously decide on icees I get the green apple and she gets wild cherry because blue raspberry had the flashing light for not working. We grab a bag of gummy worms and we both give in grabbing 2 hot dogs. Sure we are going to feel like shit after but it's well worth it. We ring up at the front and we both pay for our own snacks I put the gummy worms under my purchase and we close the door behind us making the store bell jingle.