9.)

The room is pretty messy for a dorm room. I guess I can understand being the fact that he doesn't go to that school full time so it's taking stuff here and there all the time. He had classes right after I arrived so I decided when he was gone to help him out since he has helped me so much I would clean his room. He had a sort of vintage feel to the room I really liked how everything was structured including the big windows where you can hear the Washington rain fall against. Underneath all the junk I find mr. coffee, coffee maker. Yes! I can be caffeinated! I grab out a bottle of windex and start wiping down the windows. Since the room is soundproof I grab the vacuum and plug it into the wall. I reorganize his plants around the room and move around his furniture. I totally feng shuied his room.

After I finished that I was bored and had absolutely nothing to do. So I did what any reasonable person did. I scrolled on my phone for hours doing the bare minimum in my once productive day. He walks in after his finishes up his classes and he stand in the doorway with his mouth hanging open. He closes the door shut quickly and he smiles. "Wow! My room has never looked better!"

"I don't like to take credit but I'm sure you're right." I chuckle at him.

"Hey you didn't tell me you had this view." I pull on the string to bring the blinds up revealing a hill overlooking Bellevue. It's face the complete opposite way from the school so nobody can see us. I open the window and no matter how cold it is I sit down on the ledge. He sits right next to me and wraps a warm green blanket around me and him. I lean my head against his shoulder and he kisses my forehead. Our knees touch one another's but we don't move apart when they do. I never really cared about love up until this point I thought it was meaningless. I mean to be honest everyone seemed to have that special one they loved. It felt like everyone but me but at this moment although I didn't know exactly what I was feeling I knew the butterflies that soared through my heart were reason enough. The way I can sit in silence not even doing anything and enjoy his company. I could cry on his shoulder and he he would just hold me. When he laughs I feel like I can't breath and he just makes me feel like I've been missing something in my life this whole time.

"Maverick. I really like you, I think I'm falling for you." I say lifting my head from his shoulder and looking right into his eyes.

"I feel the same way." He smiles at me with no teeth showing.

"Do you want to date maybe see if we can end up being more?" I say somewhat awkwardly. I really have no game I just lost everything I thought I once had. My ego is shot.

"Soph... You know I really want to but I don't think we should..." He leads on I quickly jump in.

"Then why not?" I say with an exasperated look coming across my face.

"It's too dangerous, we don't know the attacker's motives.." he says in a hushed tone looks away from me.

"You think I care about that Mav?" I say feeling my heart break a little.

"I care about you so no I can't date you until this threat goes away." He moves his leg away from mine slowly and shifts over.

I don't say another word to Maverick I just sit there in silence. He eventually gets out of the window and lays the rest of the blanket on me. He walks away and says he needs to get something from the other room. I just stay sitting there in the window my eyes burn from the tears wanting to fall out. I close my eyes shut tightly attempting to blink away any tears. I stare down at the city down below and get up out to the window. I lay down carpet thinking about everything that happened and I drift off to sleep. By the time I wake up again I look over at the alarm clock and it says 1:45a.m. I'm laying tucked into a bed and I have a bunch of sheets on me. I lift my head up and see Maverick sleeping with a hoodie and sweats on the comforter. My mouth lifts up into a small grin. Although my heart still hurts from the rejection that small act of kindness made my day that much better.

A/N : sorry for the shorter chapter! I know it was more laidback but don't worry soon it will get more action based again :)