8.)

Sunday flys by and it's already Monday morning I grab my suitcase full of clothes and items needed to go to the boarding school. The crisp air sends a breezy gust of wind against my shoulder. I wave goodbye to my parents and get on the bus. I meet with Mav and I lean forward and give him a quick kiss unexpectedly.

"I always keep my promises don't I?" I smile while using my thumb to wipe the excess lip gloss on his lip.

He turns red and stands there in shock. He kisses me back after I pulled away. Although it wasn't a huge passionate kiss it was nice. I also felt better about not showing PDA on the bus with a bunch of elderly people. What were we? We didn't have a label but whatever it was I knew I was in for a ride. We sat down just smiling at each other taking in the moment. My curls were laying down on my as I pulled and tied them back.

"Got everything you need?" He said smiling sweetly over my shoulder.

"Yes, thank you so much I really owe you big time." I answer back after writing on a sticky note what the plan is.

"Don't mention it." He looks to the side of the bus as he sees a girl run towards the bus. He grabs his water bottle and takes a big gulp.

"What up lovers!" Maeve sits down in the seat in front of us.

I glare at her and curl my fingers in the air like a strangling motion. Maverick finds this funny and chokes on his water laughing.

"Oh Maeve on a serious note I have something to tell you." I make eye contact with her and she sits down now serious.

"Yeah you were going to share with me." Maeve says recalling the moment.

"So someone is trying to scare me or kill me..." I pause for a minute reflecting. "Actually both.."

"Huh?" She says opening her mouth a bit in confusion.

"This person is a witch or a warlock so I need to go to Maverick's exclusive boarding school so he can protect me from somebody's magic." I quietly blurt out trying to get to the point.

Maeve sits there very puzzled.

"Magic, witches, warlocks all exist. My cousin was right." I say hoping that makes more sense.

"Wow." She looks dumbfounded just muttering a one worded answer.

"Yeah so I'm hiding right now if people ask keep it simple tell them I'm doing a part time program but don't let anyone know the situation. Keep it hush hush." I say nodding my head tilting it to the side.

"I'm still trying to wrap my head around all of it. I'm just glad you'll be safe text me if you ever need to sneak out or you go stir crazy at hogwarts scratch that just if you need anything." She says smiling at me as she wraps her arms around in a warm embrace.

"Maeve it's not hogwarts that school doesn't exist." Maverick says rolling his eyes. I'm not sure if he is offended or what.

"Shh we're having a moment." She her index finger up to Maverick's lip to shush him.

"I'll always text you if you need anything and remember that works vice versa too." I chuckle at her as I hug her back.

Maeve's stop is coming up since she lives pretty close to the school but she is usually too lazy to walk. "Love you girl! Bye!" She waved bye to us and hops off of the bus.

"Mav did you plan a way to get into the school without anyone knowing?" I ask him when he watches Maeve get off.

"Mmm no?" He says pondering.

"Anything at all??" I ask a little breathless from all the stress.

"It's high security." He shrugs.