2.)

My mom just got out of medical school to become a nurse and works all hours of the night trying to provide for us. My dad is working hard as a mechanic and doing everything he can do to get me and my little brother a good future. I can't let down my family and my mom is working hard to get over student debt loans. I should get home as quick as I can so my brother doesn't have to be home alone. I look out and it's absolutely pouring. If I walk a few blocks back home I'm going to be soaked so I pay the $1.50 and get on the bus. Now I'm going to be home even later because of all the stops the bus makes.

I put in my earbuds and play the song a song to drown out the noise of people on the bus. I look out the window and see the rain splashing off the ground it once landed on. I see a drenched guy run onto the bus he had his backpack over his head. I look over and see Maverick standing in the front of the bus he gives a slight wave and asks if he can sit next to me. All around are older people so I just nod slightly eyeing him. I take out my earbuds and pause my music.

"What are you doing here? Don't you live in bellevue?" I ask once confused again. It feels like the more I learn about him the more questions are left open and never to be solved.

"Technically yes and no. You see I go there most of the time it's like a boarding school so I stay there Monday through Wednesday and I go to this school Thursday and Friday." He smiles. "I used to live in Texas but I moved to Seattle right before my freshman year."

"I tried getting into that school. Why are you going only half time?" Now I understand why he called me sweetheart and sweetie it's his little country cowboy thing. Kinda goofy picturing him with a cowboy hat on.

"I just want to get out in the real world more. You get me?" He tilts his head a bit towards the back of the seat raising his hands up a bit.

"Mmmm not really to be honest. If I was in your position I would go to your school full time." Why would he want to go to my school full time. I mean no offense there isn't anything wrong with it. But it's not his old school.

"Trust me you wouldn't." He sighs and folds his arms.

"What is it? It sounds so fancy is it the Hogwarts of the Pacific North West??" I laugh a bit.

"Yeah right. Pftt." He says chuckling he looks a little caught off guard maybe he didn't expect me to think his school was that nice.

"Hey wrong day to wear that button up shirt." I giggle a bit sounding a bit too childish. The shirt turned translucent from all the rain and all I could see where his abs and the shape.

"Shut up." He turns a bit red and shoved me gently. My body sways to the side before coming back when his arm leaves my shoulder. I look up at him smiling. He starts laughing too. Maybe he isn't that bad after all.

"Thanks for taking the girls shopping I honestly thought they were stylish already but I guess not enough." He looks over at me moving his eyes to the right keeping himself centered without moving.

"Hm. Interesting you say that." Now I'm starting to wonder if they would just take me there to see what I was like. I don't want to be egotistical or get ahead of myself but I did have a weird feeling from Cora at least.

"Can I have your number?" He mutters to me not so cocky as he was earlier.

I tilt my head and put my pointer finger to my lip. I squint my eyes and look up to the ceiling. Before moving my hand and looking back down.

"I don't believe in phones." I stick out my tongue and squint bringing my nose up and wrinkled.

He rolls his at me. one thick eyebrow lifts up slightly "How can I talk to you more?"