3.)

Walking on my way to school I'm wearing a large oversized brown zip up along with a cream pleated skirt. A casual white cropped tank is paired above it with my white high top converse and my braids are styles in a high pony with two braids framing my face. I usually don't dress up that much for myself these days but it feels nice almost like another part of self care. I walk up to Ava, Kaitlyn, and Maeve. Ava starts talking to me asking if I dressed up for that guy I was talking about in my AP Chem class.

"Really? People can't just dress for themselves these days?" I look exhausted from this conversation already. I just wanted to really feel good today but I guess it wouldn't hurt if he liked the outfit but I'd rather have a guy like me for who I am then just what I wear.

"I'm sorry Soph it came out that way. I didn't mean it like that." Her smile droops into a slight frown.

"Oh no worries Ava.. I'm sorry I guess I'm just sensitive today." I shuffle by the lockers I'm standing at. "Thanks guys for complimenting my outfit maybe I'll dress up more." I smile lifting it to the right.

"Yeah Sophie. So Ava tell me more about who you think is the cutest guy." Kaitlyn says quickly changing the subject.

Man sometimes I don't know if they even want me in the friend group. I look away from them for a minute and Maeve grabs my hand. "Come on let's go to the vending machine I really want a pack of mini chips ahoy!" She yanks me to the machine and I get dragged along with her.

I smile when she keeps trying to fidget with the dollar bill that spits back out at her.

"Damn thing won't go in." She kicks at the machine.

"Let me try." I say chuckling. Students are staring at the girl kicking the machine.

I slip in the dollar bill and it goes in.

"See why I need you here!" She laughs and grabs the chips ahoy packet that fall out of the bottom.

"That's because I have the power. Oooh" I say in a mysterious spooky way.

Maeve snorts and then rummages her hand once more through the bottom. "YO someone left their drink in here!" She holds up the Fanta. She hands it to me "Wanna Fanta, Don't you wanna?"

I chuckle at the silly jingle and grab the drink it's a strawberry Fanta. I haven't had this since I was a kid. Maeve hands me a chips ahoy cookie. "Hey, thanks for getting me out of there it was getting awkward." I say with a small smile.

"I just wanted a cookie it's no biggie." She says winking at me. Maeve is so pretty she has freckles that spread all over her face and shoulders. She has naturally tan skin along with blonde hair and hazel eyes. She is such a natural beauty. She was wearing a thrifted pair of vintage Reebok's, light washed mom jeans, a darker lime green top short sleeved crop top to match the green logo on the sneakers and had her hair tied up in a pale green hair clip. I know sometimes she follows the group but I think she is starting to be more of herself. Even though she isn't as close as I was with Jasmine she is definitely the closest girl I'm with in the group. I feel like if I actually had more free time we could get closer.

Maeve walks with me and I tell her that Maverick saw the message on the phone as I'm telling this story I feel my cheeks getting hot so I tan my face embarrassed.

"Who is Maverick?" Maeve says talking with 3 chips ahoy minis in her mouth.

"I can barely understand you girl. But Maverick is the guy-" I get interrupted in the middle of my sentence when Maeve chokes on a chips ahoy.

"The guy you were describing saw your message!!" She blurts out.

"Maybe don't shout it out!" I mutter quietly with a grumpy look on my face.