Chapter 1 - Playground

Elaine's pov:

I made sure that the fake body on my bed looked realistic. Put on my thrifted converse's and carefully climbed out the window. As my head peeked out a cool breeze hit my face. It didn't really bother me. My hands left the window as my feet touched the roof of the garage. It was a little slippy from the rain earlier. So I carefully climed down with help from the pipes and started walking. My feet led me in a familiar direction, the playground. I sat down at the swing where I always sit on around this time, watching the sunset. Which really calmed me. I started moving my feet back and forth for a little while. The swing I sat on followed the motion.

Lizzie's pov:

I jumed out of the car of my now ex boyfriend. Robbie had decided to break up with me only a few days before school started agian. He wasn't even nice to drive me home. I was dropped off in some neighbourhood I had never seen. The tears started streaming down my face. I started walking.

Soon enough my tears dried from the cool breeze. I had been looking down  on the ground this entire time. I looked up and my eyes catched a girl around my age. She sat down on a swing with a foolish smile on her face.
I probably stood there staring a while because when I focused my eyes agian. The girl looked at me, in one smooth motion she jumped off the swing. She started aproaching me. This made me nervous, but I couldn't walk away now. I was the one who had stared at her like a creep. Her brown hair swayed side to side as she came closer. Not even a few seconds later the brown haired girl was right infront of me. I lost words, she was soo pretty. Her hazel eyes stared into my emersld green. My reflection was shown in her eyes. I could clearly see the mascara that had left black lines om my cheeks.

"You look terrible" she said with a small smile and gave me a hug.

I hugged back and cried into her shoulder. The brunette led me too a bench and sat down with me. Her hand rubbed my back and I felt safe. This was crazy since I just met her.

"Lizzie, right?" she questrioned.

"Yes.... how did you know my name?" I replied.

"We went in the same class last semester, Im Elaine" she said as a looked back at her.

I started to pair the face of the girl who had me in her arms with the girl in the back off the class. She usually sat with a pair of head phones not paying attention in class. Then the teachers asked her a questrion and she just answerd a short answer. I never paid much attention to her. But I have seen her around Mattew, one of Robbies baseball teamates.

"You're Mattew's girlfriend aren't you?" I asked, she chuckled at my questrion.

"No, he is my cousin" she answerd.

"Ohh I just-" I tried to explain myself when she cut me off.

"It's okay you're not the only one" I nodded.

"Why were you here?" Elaine asked, It didn't come off rude at all. Just a genuine questrion.

"My boyfriend dumped me for some cheerleader chick and he dropped me off here and I don't know where I am" I mumbled as a tear fell down my face.

"Well I can get you home, what is your adress" she said with a smile.

"*************" I said as I wiped away the tear on my cheek.

(Too lazy to come up with an adress please write suggestrions)

Elaine's pov:

I helped Elizabeth off the bench and we started walking. We walked in scilence, a comfortable one.

We walked for about 15 minutes trough neighbourhoods as the stars started to appear. Finally at the back of Lizzie's house we stopped our tracks.

"Give me your phone" Lizzie's calm voice said.

I handed her my unlocked phone. Her fingers did a few tapps on the screen. Then she gave it back to me.

"Bye" we said at the same time.

Then the silouette of the shorter girl  disappered into the window.

It was first then my eyes looked back down at my phone screen. I saw a new contact that was added. She had named it "Terrible-looking girl". I let out a small chuckle as I started my walk home.

20 minutes later

My hands reached for the pipe as I started to climb up to the garage roof. My legs swung up and I managed to make it up with barley any noice. I slowly stepped inside my room. It was just as I left it. My pillow-hoodie body under my blanket and my fake phone made out of an old phone case, charging at the bedside table. I grabbed the charger and put it in my phone. Moved the fake body into my warderobe. I plobbed my self down on the bed. My brain decided not to try to sleep. So I texted Lizzie.

"Hey its Elaine"

Hey! So that was the first chapter hope you liked it and stay safe
- Lydia <3