Prologue

-

I was chilling out on the field at break when this kid came up to me. His name is Karl Jacobs. I haven't known him for a while, just about 1 month.

"Hey y/n?" He asks, sitting next to me. "What's up?" I reply, turning my head to him "wanna make a bet?" He asks, smirking. "Depends?" I say. He chuckles "I bet you... $100 that you can't get with Niki in less than 1 week." He says. I look at him, shocked.

I smile after a few minutes of thinking. "You know what?" I say. He turns to me. "What?" He asks. "Deal." I say, sticking out my hand. He smiles and shakes my hand. "Deal."

I get up and go over to where Niki is. We have been friends since when we were freshman in highschool. We are now juniors in highschool.

I sit next to Niki. "Hey Niki?" I ask, pretending to be nervous. "What's up? You seem anxious." She reply's, turning her head to me. "I-I- can we talk?" I say, turning my head to the ground. "Yeah. Anything. What's on your mind?" She asks. I look back up at her and she's smiling. "I-I like you!" I say. She only laughs "wait what?" She asks, shaking her head. "I like you.... Like really like you."

God I feel bad doing this... REALLY bad. But 100 bucks is 100 bucks... right?

She looked at me and smiles. "Y/n?" She asks. "W-what?" I reply. "I like you too. Will you be my girlfriend?" She asks. I smile at her. "I will be your girlfriend." I say. She smiles and hugs me.

God what the fuck am I doing to myself? I feel so bad. She doesn't deserve this. She really doesn't.

I hug her back with my mind racing. I grab her hand. "Will you come with me? I need to go talk to someone." I ask. She nods. "Yes." She reply's. We hold hands as I start to look to find Karl.

I find him and he looks at our hands, then up at me in disbelief. "Hi Karl!" Niki says,
Ungrasping my hand and sitting down. I sit down next to her. She wraps her arms around my waist as I do.

God this girl doesn't deserve this. I'm a terrible fucking person...

• •
Lol that's the end of the prologue. I hope you enjoyed <3