Ch.11

<2 months later>

It's been 2 months since me and Niki broke up, and I've been working on a song. It's coming out today. I also had almost 500k on twitch now, which is insane! I also started a YouTube video.

I listened to the song one more time before publishing it out to the world.

I think back to when
Life was good, I was content
But it's been so many *days*
I can't remember how it feels

I reach for me, but I'm not there
It's so lonely, but who cares
It's fine, it's okay
I'll die anyway

I reach for me, but I'm not there
I always wonder why I'm here
It's fine, it's okay
I'll die anyway

I guess I could say
I've learned to live this way
But it's still hard to find
Reasons to stay alive

Accepting I'm pointless
Isn't the hardest
When it's so
Completely obvious
My questions are countless
Looking for answers
So far I'm clueless
Go back to sleep

I reach for me, but I'm not there
It's so lonely, but who cares
It's fine, it's okay
I'll die anyway

I reach for me, but I'm not there
I always wonder why I'm here
It's fine, it's okay
I'll die anyway

I'll die anyway
I'll die anyway
I'll die anyway

I sigh as the song finished. I think it's ready. I posted it to my YouTube with the title. 'I'll die anyway - Y/U/N'

I sighed and layed back in my chair. I was thinking about the lyrics. 'Me' was Niki. I knew I wanted to reach out to Niki and contact her again b-

My thoughts were interrupted by a buzz coming from my phone. I looked at the number. Unknown.

Unknown

Unknown
Hey. I know you may not want to hear from me right now but, it's Niki. I just listened to you song and I wanted to know if you were... okay? I know I messed up and I know you probably moved on but... yk.

You
Niki, if you listen to the lyrics again. Think about who 'me' even is. Niki I havent moved on. And I want you to know that.  But I don't want to get back together. It's the better for both of us.

Unknown.
Y/n... your 'me' in the song... is it... me?

You
Yeah Niki. Don't worry though. I'm fine

Unknown
You know I don't believe that.

You.
I'm fine. Trust me, okay?

Unknown
whatever you say...

-

I lay back in my chair again before hearing a knock at my door. I run over to my front door and see Hannah standing there with a basket of gifts. "What's this?" I ask her, laughing. "It's for you!" "Why?" "I don't know. I wanted to make sure your doing okay." She says. I laugh. "Well come inside- I know you know what this place looks like already so- just come in!" I say. She giggled and hands me the basket, walking in.

"I love what you did with this place!" She says. "Why thank you." I smile.

-

Me and Hannah were talking when my phoen started buzzing. I look over at it and saw that Niki was calling. "One sec I gotta take this" I say. She nods "go ahead!"

I grab my phone and run over to the corner of the kitchen and pick it up. "Yeah?" I ask. "I-
y/n?" She asks "what's up." "I wanted you to know that... and I know it's wrong but... I still like you. And I know you don't like me b-" "I cute her off before she could continue "Niki. I never said that. It's just that- I don't think it's good for you I mean- I can ruin everything again! And you would hate me." "I-I-I don't care if it's bad for me! I love you y/n okay? I never stopped loving you. Just- meet me at *insert park name* in like 30 minutes okay?" "Okay?" "Bye y/n." "Bye Niki." 

I hang up the phone and go over to Hannah. "Sorry Hannah, I have to go somewhere so you have to leave. I'm sorry." I say. "It's okay. I'll go. Bye!" She says jogging over to the door. I scoff "bye hannahhh!" I yell.

I run upstairs and get changed into a black tube top with white shorts, a black belt and a black plain zip up jacket.

I brushed my hair and didn't bother to do my makeup. I run downstairs and throw my black high top converse on. I grab my board and started skating to the park she wanted me to meet her at.

-

I got to the park and saw her at the swings on her phone with a bouquet of roses in her hand. I felt a smile creep onto my face. I kick my board up and jog over to her.

"Niki?" I ask her. She shuts her phone off and looks at me. "Oh- uhm y/n... I wanted to ask you something." She says. "What's up?" I nod. "I- I know you said it would be bad for me but I don't believe it. I still love you y/n. I never stopped loving you. So please... will you be my girlfriend?" She blurts out. I smile and giggle. "If you don't think it'll be bad for you, then yes Niki. I will be your girlfriend." She hands me the roses and I smile and take them. "And you know what Niki?" I ask her. "What?" "Turn around" I say.

She turns around and I slip the necklace out of my pocket. "Lift you hair up." I say. She does and I put the necklace around deer neck.

She turns around and smiles. She tackles me into a hug. "I love you y/n." "I love you too Niki." We stay in that hug for a while until we hear someone shout. "FUCKING FINALLY!" We both look over to see Wilbur standing there. We smile and look at each other. We lock eyes. "I love you." I say. She giggles "I love you too." We pull our faces close together and kiss for what seems like hours until we pull apart for breath we both smile and each other. I grab her waist and pull her closer, as if she wasn't close enough she would leave and never come back again.

• •
lol I think that's where I'm gonna leave it off. I hope you enjoyed the storyyyyy. (Fyi if you like why don't we *a band* go check out my Zach Herron x reader👀)

1108 words