Ch.1

(4 month later)

I was walking in the hallway went I felt hands on my waist and a head on my shoulder "hi baby." Niki says. The truth is, I actually liked her now. After all this time I've realized that I actually have feelings for her.

I smile at her and turn my head and kiss her forehead. "Hi baby." I smiled back. She walked to my side and reached out for my hand and held it.

We were walking in the halls when the bell rang. It was mine and Nikis lunch time. "Ready for lunch?" She asks me. I nod. We start walking to the cafeteria.

We sit down at a table with our friends Karl, Wilbur, Clay, and Caroline. We got our food and started joking around.

Me and Karl started throwing comebacks at each other when... "ATLEAST IM NOT DATING A PERSON BECAUSE OF A BET!" He realized what he said as soon as he said it.

Niki turned to me. "Y/n?" She asks. I didn't respond. I was trying to swallow the lump in my throat. Knowing what's about to happen. "I-Is that true?" She asks, sounding like she's about to cry. I still couldn't respond. My eyes were watery and there was still a lump in my throat.

She just shakes her head and stands up and starts walking away. "I can't believe you!" She starts jogging. I look at Karl and shake my head, starting to run after her.

I found her at her locker. She was grabbing her stuff. "Niki please!" I yell. She looks at me "no. Stop. I knew this would happen. Everyone I think likes me never does. We're breaking up." She says, biting the inside of her cheek, a few tear drops rolling down her soft face. She then just starts walking away.

What the fuck have I done to myself?!

I sigh and started running after her again but by the time I caught up to her, she was in her mothers car and already driving away.

I drop to my knees and couldn't help but cry. What felt like hours and hours of crying I decided to get up and call my brother to come pick me up.

"Hello?" He asks as he picks up. "H-hey M-Mason. can you come pick me up? I-I'll explain later." I say, sniffling. I think he got the hint that I needed to be picked up because as soon as I finished he perked up "right I'll be there in five." He says, sounding like he was already getting out of his chair. "O-okay. Thank you." I say. "Bye I'll be there soon." He says. "Bye." I say, hanging up the phone.

I put my phone in my jacket pocket and layed down. I soon see a face infront of mine. "Hey. What was going on back there?" She asks. "Nothing caro. My brother is picking me up. He will be here in like a minute." I reply. She just frowns and sighs. "Please tell me." She says, sitting next to me. I shake my head and sit up next to her. "I'm sorry caro you had to be in the middle of this." I say, grabbing my bag. Getting up and heading over to my brothers car. "Bye caro. I love you." I say. She just stares at me in shock.

I close the car door and start crying. My brother looks at me. "Hey. What happened? Everything okay?" My brother had always been very protective of me and made sure I was safe. "M-my girlfriend.." he looked at me. "She broke up with you didn't she?" He asked. I looked at him and nodded. "B-but it's my fault." I say, crying. "How would it be yo-" "no Mason! You don't understand! It was a bet! It was all a bet!" I interrupted.

He glanced at me, trying to keep his eyes on the road. "What do you mean it was a bet?" He asks. "It was a bet Karl made! Karl bet me 100 saying I couldn't get Niki by the end of the week and I did! I got the 100! But now Karl told Niki but I actually liked her! Maybe not at the beginning but I do now! And s-she..." I sighed. "...she broke up with me w-when she found out..."

He sighs. "Maybe you can explain it to her?" He suggests "no! She doesn't wanna talk to me!" I yell. He doesn't reply and the rest way home is silent. And I understood it. I shouldn't have yelled at him like that.

-

We rolled onto the gravel path which was our driveway. He parked and I sighed, grabbing my bag.

I slammed the car door shut behind me. I opened the door and stormed upstairs to my room.

I opened my room door and closed it. I grabbed a notebook and started writing things I could do to fix this.

• •
Haha that's it. I hope you enjoyed this <3 also the last sentence doesn't have to do with death fyi. These chapters also are probably gonna be really short.

868 words