Ch.3

I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and headed to the living room where Mason was sitting. "Hey Mas?" I ask him. He turns his head to me "what's up?" "I'm gonna go to the park. I'll be back." "Hm. Okay. Be safe."

I wasn't actually going to the park. I was going to a place. A place where me and Niki would go to calm down together.

I nod and run to the door, throwing my shoes on, grabbing my skateboard, my phone and keys. I open the door and close it behind me.

I take in a deep breath of the air before throwing my skateboard on the pavement, and starting riding it.

I start going faster and faster, my hair flying behind me because of the wind. I was smiling while riding.

I arrived at the place, kicking my board up. I look up at it. Just as I remember. I smile and run up to the broken down factory. It was lifted up so I hopped up and sat on the edge for a bit.

I felt my phone ding from my pocket. I sigh and looked at it. It was from Caroline.

-

Caro <3

Caro <3
Where tf are you? I'm worried. You left yesterday and haven't texted me back or anything.

You
Sorry caro. I'm switching schools and moving. Tell clay I'm gonna miss him. And I will miss you too. But I'm fine. I promise.

Caro <3
What?! Y/n you can't leave! Please don't leave me here. Niki doesnt wanna talk to any of us.

You
I'm sorry caro. I'll update you if I can :)

Caro <3
Can you atleast tell me where

You
You'll find out
-

I sighed and turned off my phone, putting it back in my pocket. I got up and started wandering around inside.

Looking at the graffiti I found the one me and Niki did together. In big, bubble letters wrote. 'Niki & Y/n'
I sighed and without noticing it a tear came down. I started crying harder and harder. I eventually curled up into a ball and started crying.

(Clay p.o.v)

"Clay... y/n isn't coming back and she won't tell me where she is" Caroline says, showing me her phone with the messages. "I-I'll be back."

There is only one place where she can be.

"W- Clay!" Caroline yells after me. "Caroline! Tell the teachers I left because I was sick!" I say, running to the exit doors of the school. "Okay..."

I open the door and start running to the destination. I know she's here. That's the only place that means a lot to her.

-

I ran and hopped up to land on the concrete of the broken up factory. As soon as I did I heard crying from inside. Shit. I ran to the direction of the cries and say y/n laying there.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Y/n?" I ask.

(Y/n p.o.v)

I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Y/n?" Someone asked. Clay... I look up at him, still crying. "What's up? What's going on?" He asks, concerned, sitting next to me.

With one more sob I point out the words. He looks at it, and looks back at me— sorrowful maybe. "I-I'm so sorry..." he says, pulling me into a hug.

It may have only been a day or two, but I was touch starved. I was so used to someone hugging me almost every second of everyday.

Still crying, I hugged him back. I started crying into his shoulder. He pulled away after a few minutes. "About what Caroline said..." he continued. I shook my head, wiping a tear from my eye. "I'm sorry. I really am. But it's for the better of everyone around me." I reply. He sighs. "Why is it?" He says. I look at him "why is it what?" I scoff. "Why is it better for everyone around you?" He says. I sigh. "It better because no one. None of my friends of anyone will get hurt by me." I say liek it's nothing, shrugging.

He sighs and just shakes his head. "It's not your fault. It really isn't." He says. "Why is it not my fault? Stop pretending. I know it's my fault, Clay." I shake my head. "Whatever you want to believe. But I'm gonna get going. Rather you come with me or not." He says. I nod. "I'm gonna stay here for a bit longer." I say. "Okay. See you... hopefully later." He reply's. "Mhm."

I watch as he walks away. Into the distance, and as he hops off of the uplifted ground, walking his way back to the entrance, then leaving.

I sigh as I see his body walk out of my vision. I lay back on my back and closed my eyes, starting to daydream of a reality we're me and Niki were still together. Still happy.

• •
Lol I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was kinda rushed but I like it so yk.

843 words.