Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Running, it was all Caroline could remember as she sat on that boat. The boat that would take her to a new loop with an ymbryne named Miss Alma LeFay Peregrine as headmistress.

She went back into her mind to recall memories of the past few hours.

She had just woken up at two in the afternoon, as was normal for her as she went to sleep at six in the morning. She was practically nocturnal. Anyway, when she woke, she heard yells and panic from around the house. Once she had gotten up and gotten dressed a woman came running into Caroline's room.

The woman was Mrs Owl, the ymbryne of her previous loop. The ymbryne had recently become sick and was struggling to maintain the loop, so Caroline stepped in to help. Caroline is not an ymbryne herself so she could only help support the loop.

Six months prior to this they had a false alarm in which members of the household thought the loop was going to collapse, Caroline was the reason they had survived it that time. Mrs Owl was scared that there may be a time when the loop actually collapses with them all still inside, this would kill them all.

So, to solve their problem Mrs Owl sent out a message to nearby Ymbryne to see if she could rehouse the children. Everyone got accepted within a month, well everyone except Caroline. The other Ymbryne were scared of Caroline and her peculiarity, they all thought she was too dangerous and that Mrs Owl was absolutely crazy for keeping her for so long.

Then about a month after everyone else had been accepted Caroline was losing hope, until she got a very important letter from a very pretty lady.

Dear Caroline Dashwood,

My name is Miss Alma LeFay Peregrine. I am the ymbryne of a loop on the island of Cairnholm, which is just passed the coast of Wales. I know this is quite close to where you are in your current location in France.

I am writing this to say that I would be more than happy to offer up my home to you should your loop collapse, I am surprised that no one else has claimed you as of yet as your peculiarity is exquisite. I have never seen anything like it before.

I hope to hear a reply from you to say that you accept this offer, I would love to have you here in my home. I have eleven charges; it would be refreshing to have someone of a similar age living with us.

Sincerely,
Miss Peregrine

When Caroline had first read the letter, she was surprised. No one had written to her before, not even her own family. So, that evening before bed she wrote a reply.

Dear Alma Peregrine,

I was surprised to receive a letter from anyone, I am sure you know why. I am extremely happy that you have invited me into your home, and as you said, it will be refreshing to live with someone close to my own age.

I have asked Mrs Owl about you and she said that you were one of the most promising ymbryne she had ever had the honour of teaching. She even showed me an old photograph she has of you; I must say that you were rather cute when you were a teenager and you probably still are.

To conclude, thank you for the invite and I gladly accept it should i need it.

Sincerely,
Caroline Dashwood

That had been just over four months ago now. Since then, Caroline and Alma had written back and forth about arrangements and what Caroline should expect going into a time loop almost seventy years in difference from her old-time loop. Caroline was in a time loop that was established in 1867. This was going to be quite a bit of a culture shock for her.

She was startled out of her thoughts by a whistle being blown, she had arrived at the island. Caroline had travelled from loop to loop to stop herself from being killed by stepping into the present. She was currently in a loop which was set in 2004 in North Wales. It was currently 4:43pm and Caroline needed to get going if she was going to make it in time for dinner.

She made her way off of the boat and toward the beach, she had been told where the loop entrance was. All she had with her was a suitcase and a bag, but even that was a pain to get across the beach.

They had all hurriedly packed and left the loop just two hours and fifty minutes earlier. She was able to be directly teleported to the loop in North Wales as they had a boy who could teleport things there and from there, she took a train and then the boat.

She looked around quickly before entering the loop and when she came out the other side a beautiful woman stood smiling in front of her on the beach. "You are three minutes early; it is rare for me to be wrong." Caroline smiled before she looked into Alma's eyes and smiled back. "Well, I believe dinner will start soon. Will you walk with me, or leave me wonder around lost?" her smile grew a little and she took Caroline's hand and lead her in another direction.

"let's introduce you to the children."