Chapter 7: A Traumatic Dream III

Alma followed Caroline once again as she stepped through, once she was on the other side, she was greeted with Selena Starling and Minera Owl talking. Caroline stole their attention though. Miner a looked relieved while Selena seemed rather nervous.

"You were taking a while; I was getting a little fearful so I was about to go and get you myself." Caroline smirked before answering which made Selena even more terrified of the woman. "I ran into some trouble, don't worry they're only emotionally damaged not physically." Minera rubbed her head, Alma then realised that Caroline had picked up Minerva's bad habit.

"What am I going to do with you, come on its time for you to leave." "Come on, I just got here." "Yes, but Alma is expecting you. Go." "Fine, let me go and say goodbye to Damien. Then I'll contact the North Wales loop." "Good. I expect a letter sent to here as soon as you are settled in. I would like to make sure you are alright." Caroline smiled and playfully rolled her eyes. "Yes, Miss." "stop being sarcastic and go."

Caroline and Minera shared a hug before Caroline walked off with her suitcase travelling in the air behind her. Caroline travelled up the steps and into the school building. Alma stayed behind to listen to her fellow ymbryne.

"You said Alma was taking HER?" Minera sighed. "Yes dear." "But she is so young compared to us, is she equipped to deal with her? Are you sure that Caroline didn't use her ability to secure her place? What if she-" "I suggest you remain quiet. I am certain that Alma can house her perfectly fine." Selena let out a sigh. "Why you hold such care for such a monstrous person will forever remain a mystery to me."

Unexpectantly Alma was teleported to a window and an upset Caroline, she was looking down at the two women as a single tear fell from her teal orbs. She had obviously heard them talking about her. Then Caroline turned around to face the wall and closed her eyes while taking in a few rather large breaths.

"Fucking knew it, everyone hates me." Caroline's voice grew cold as she spoke. Caroline growled before walking away toward a room. Alma followed her into a living room, it was rather dark and forest themed. The wall paper resembled a dark forest. Daniel was sat in a circle with other children from Miss Starling's loop, they all moved back when they noticed Caroline enter the room. Daniel stayed out and watched as she moved closer to his place on the rug, she knelt down in front of him before speaking.

"Hey kid, I'm leaving now." His eyes grew wide. "Already!?" Caroline sighed. "Yeah." "But you just got here!" Caroline looked down. "Yes, but you know why I can't stay." "Yes, I know, but aren't you going to a different loop anyway. Won't that ymbryne not like you as well." Caroline tried to smile. "No, she is one of the only ones who doesn't know what I did." Daniel smiled. "Is she pretty?" Caroline smiled and let out a small chuckle. "She is, she is absolutely gorgeous."

Alma felt her cheeks grew warm at the unexpected compliment. She smiled to herself as she watched the little boy grow a smile and the other children move subtly closer to Caroline.

"Tell me about her." Caroline raised a playful eyebrow. "Please?" "Seeing as you are being polite, I will." the boys smile grew impossibly wider. "She is a wonderful woman. She is polite, charming, kind and... Oh, she is quite respectful, caring and oh so sweet." Daniel let out a laugh. "You sound like you love her." Caroline's face flushed and she looked down at the floor.

"I wouldn't say love, I more admire her." Daniel thought for a bit. "Please send me a letter if anything happens. I want to see you happy." Caroline smiled and let out a nervous laugh. "I'm going to miss you in Wales." "Wales!?" Caroline started rubbing the surface of her watch. "Yep, it's on an island just off the coast of North Wales." "Everyone else is staying either here or in the other loop on the border of France. You're the only one going oversea." "don't pretend that you don't know why."