Chapter 15: A Visit From Minera Owl

Caroline and Alma had at some point made it to the kitchen. Alma made porridge while Caroline prepared fruit and other things to go on top of each child's breakfast.

They moved around silently as neither of them had dared to speak much since their earlier conversation. As they moved around, they came close to bumping each other but they would always ignore the contact.

Both of them were stuck in their thoughts with the fact that they had actually made out with each other. To be completely honest, both of them were quite calm and content with their thoughts at the moment. This, of course, was ruined by the stampede coming down the stairs.

Caroline turned to Alma and watched as she looked out the window. Caroline leant on the counter behind her with a smile. "The children are waiting." Caroline continued to smile into her coffee while glancing at Alma every so often. "I'm aware." "shouldn't you go and eat breakfast with them?" "I want to make you're alright." "Why wouldn't I be?" "The fact that you're not looking at me says a whole lot."

Alma quickly spun around with inhumane which shocked Caroline.

"I'm scared." "Scared?" "We obviously forgot our time in school together for a reason. What if I did something wrong?" Caroline snorted before taking a sip, this confused Alma more than anything. "I highly doubt that." "Why?" "Well, you're you. You're the ever-perfect Alma Peregrine, I'm more likely to have done something wrong."

Alma watched Caroline's face as it turned from anger to sadness. Alma changed the subject. "So, Minera is due any minute now." "I know, she's staying for a week as well." "Another ymbryne, are you sure you will be able to handle two pretty around you?" "Alma!" "It was just a question."

They had slowly started moving closer together.

"Oh, I see, you're jealous that Minerva will steal my attention away from you." "I do not get jealous!" "Uh huh." They were getting closer again. "Just go and eat breakfast." "Not hungry." "Go." "You can't make me." Alma raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge." Caroline could feel Alma's breath on her face. "Yes?" Alma smirked which caused Caroline's blush to worsen. "My, where has your confidence gone?" "The same place my mind is." "The gutter?" "Absolutely..."

Alma leaned just that little bit closer which caused Caroline's breath to hitch. Alma smirked again before leaning in and kissing Caroline's cheek, completely ignoring her noises of protest.

Alma watched with amusement as Caroline's mug of coffee started floating, as well as other nearby items. Caroline noticed this after a few moments. "What?" "Dear, have you really not noticed that you are no longer holding your mug?" Caroline was confused for a few moments before looking at her hands, her eyes widened and she looked slightly panicked before the items fell.

Caroline looked down as Alma watched her. "You can make things float?" "Only light things, I never tried anything heavier than a table." "a table?" "don't ask." "Okay, are you going to go and eat breakfast?" Caroline let out a groan. "What is with you and making me eat?" Alma gave Caroline a glare which made the shorter woman shrink into herself slightly.

"i know you didn't sleep last night." "Oh, that." Alma let out a quiet sigh. "I don't blame you, I did experience your nightmare, it's a miracle I got to sleep at all." Caroline smiled. "You did something, didn't you?" "Maybe..." Caroline looked at Alma with a shit eating grin. "it's possible." "Caroline?" "If you must know, i-"

The doorbell rang.

"she's here!" "Emma, no shouting in the house!" Alma raised an eyebrow at Caroline. "What?" "Nothing, aren't you going to greet our guest." "of course, dear." Caroline lent up and kissed Alma's cheek quickly before turning her back to Alma and leaving the kitchen.