Scolding

"Mattie is that true?" Karma spoke first staring at his husband. His husband had been using their son for a power storage unit...

   Cypher grit his teeth. "Nice going Matthew." 

   "Dad. That isn't true is it?" Rune asked looking up from her chair. 

   Matt stood up from his chair and marched his way over. He grabbed Matthew by the collar. Now Matthieu was not an easy to anger man. It took a lot of pressure to anger him. He always tried for a peaceful solution, whether that was just his personality or old guilt stirring up. But when he was angry, he was angry for someone else's sake. His family. 

   "You listen here Matthew and you listen well. That boy trusted you with something important to him and you reacted like that. Who knows where he is now? He is 14. FOURTEEN! A child. Your child! Not some toy for you! He has feelings ! You have been using him!" Matt released his brother and wiped his face. "Your children deserved better."

    Cypher stepped in. "This is what I expected! You really were just using him for a tool! I told you to fix this. I warned you about this and you didn't listen! Were we all just pawns for you? Me? Rune too?" 

   "No! I-I" Matthew tried.

   "We were! Admit it! Rune was a way to make your image better and I don't even know what you wanted me for! We were always just pawns for you!" 

   "Cypher-" Karma started. 

   "No! It's the truth! I spent my whole life trying to be as perfect as The Matthew Miraculous and he isn't even perfect! He is a crap father and he knows it!" Cyphers chest heaved as hot tears fell down his face. "He used my baby brother as a doll. He doesn't deserve us." He portaled away presumably to search for Max. 

   Rune stood up. "Is all of that true...? Was I only born to make you look better?" Her voice broke. 

   "Rune- No! Not at all! I love you and your brothers I just-" Matthew ran his fingers through his hair. "I love all three of you. You're my kids. I'm not- I'm not a bad person!" His hands gripped his hair tightly sparking ever so slightly. 

   "Starlight-" Karma started. 

   Matthieu's face of anger morphed into concern. "Mattie..."

   Rune frowned and backed away out of the room. 

   Matthew backed up and ducked into his own portal. I guess his boys took after him more than they thought...