Inevitable

"Papa!" Maxwell squeaked as he stumbled back into the castle. He clutched his father tightly. He felt feverish. "Papa help!!!"

   Karma was there in an instant. "Maxwell what happened? Oh Stars. Matthew!" He went to take his husband from the youngest. 

   "H-he.. he..." Max hiccupped and wiped his face. "He just showed up and said he was worried and then he said he loved me and he fainted! Papa tell me he's gonna be okay!"

   Karma swallowed. "I dunno kiddo... We'll try... Cypher!" 

   Cypher ducked into the room. "Max! You're okay!" he rushed over to check his little brother over. "What happened? Where were you?"

   "Dad is really really sick!" Max squeaked. 

   Cypher turned and felt his soul twist. "Oh stars..."

   "Cypher I know you're angry at him but can you help? If not for him for me and Max?" Karma asked supporting his husbands limp body. 

   Cypher chewed his lip thinking it over. 

   "Cyph... you can't let him die..." Max whimpered. 

   Cypher sighed. "Get him to the infirmary. Maybe they can treat his fever while I figure something out... I am not doing this for him." He made that point very clear. 

   Karma went to get Matthew to the infirmary. Sparks still flew from his fever heated skin. The black lines traveled farther and farther down his neck tangling across his shoulders. This looked bad... Whatever he was doing was only postponing the inevitable...