Can It be Done?

"I cant think of anything." Cypher admitted letting his head drop to the table. 

   "So you're just going to let him die?' Rune frowned. 

   "Rune there is nothing I can do! There is no way to limit his power! Its going to grow until his soul can't handle the stress." Cypher felt like he was failing. "I can't fix this."

   Maxwell whimpered. "This is all my fault. If.. If I had just kept quiet he would be okay!" 

   "Oh Maxy..." Karma pulled the youngest into a hug and sighed. He didn't know what to do. What would he do if Mattie died for real...? He's know him for so long... 

   "Max... He needs something to stabilize his code." Viral murmured. 

   Max looked over his papa's shoulder at Viral. 'What...' He thought. 

   "Me. I'm a stabilizer I was never a Virus Maxy... I'm an anti virus."

   'Viral...' Max has more tears now as he whimpered and clutched his papa. He couldn't hear his family over his and Viral's conversation. 

   "Hey. I'll still be here. When you look at your dad you can think of me. Think of how hard I'm working to keep him alive for you." Viral ruffled Max's hair. "It is your choice though..."

    Max sniffled and pulled back from his papa. "Cypher... Could someone take some of my code... the piece with the virus and give it to dad? Since Viral can absorb power..?" 

   Cypher blinked and flipped through a book. "Like an organ transplant but with code. Could we do that? Rune could you do that?"

   Rune shrugged. "Maybe? That would be a complicated process... and painful..." 

   "Could you do it?" Cypher hummed. "It's either we try this or he dies anyway."

   "I can try... But if it starts affecting Maxwell I'm quitting." Rune crossed her arms. 

   "Fine... Papa?" Max looked up.

   Karma really did not like this... "I suppose I can't stop you..." 

   Cypher closed a book. "I can guide you.... Lets do it."