Chapter 3: It was Nice Flying with You

Disclaimer: I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! and/or its characters!

Suddenly, I woke up. The bed was shaking heavily. My head was bumping up and down on the pillow and started to ache. I moaned and sat up. I almost couldn't keep my balance, but I was just in time to cling onto the bedsheets.

What was going on?!

I quicky got myself dressed and opened the door of the room. The whole plane was shaking and I saw some raindrops attached to the windows. It was just a storm. Some people were sleeping, but some sat straight up on their seats with a terrified look on their faces. I started running towards the cockpit when a woman grabbed my wrist.

"Is everything going to be okay, captain?" she asked me with a desperate voice.

"We're just flying through a storm right now, ma'am. I hope we will get through it soon."

She nodded and let go of me. "I hope so too."

I nodded and ran to the cockpit. I knocked on the door and within seconds it was being opened for me.

"What's going on, guys?" I asked.

"We're in a storm, so we got a lot of turbulence," Craig said.

"It's a heavy storm, Yugi," Eric said.

"Are we going to be okay?" I asked.

"Of course, don't you worry," he said nonchalantly.

"If everything is okay, why are we flying under the clouds?" I said and pointed at the rain that was flowing over the window.

"Maybe we lost some height," Craig whispered.

"Then we have to fly higher!" I said.

And at that moment, lightning started to strike. There were flashes everywhere, and I could hear some people scream.

"Pull that steer, Eric!" I yelled.

He pulled at it, but nothing seemed to happen.

"It's blocked!" he said.

I took a deep breath and placed my index finger and thumb on my forehead. I shook my head. "Let me try, Eric. Just let me try."

He stood up from his seat and handed me his headset. Then I sat down on the seat. The first thing I did was trying to make contact with Domino.

"Domino, here G-357, do you read me?" I spoke into the microphone.

The only thing I could hear was a scratchy noise. I sighed. "No radio contact anymore," I said and put off the headset.

In the meantime, Craig was pushing some buttons and checking all meters. "We are losing height, Yugi," he said.

I pulled at the steer, but it was no use.

"Eric's right, Craig, the steer is blocked!" I yelled.

"Keep trying, I-"

The lightning struck again, but this time it hit a part of the plane. Craig's eyes widened when a little light started to light up in bright red. He cursed. "We lost one of our engines."

"You say what?" Eric said.

"Good night, everyone. Here's your captain speaking. Please fasten your seatbelts. We probably have to make a forced landing," he said through the microphone.

People were screaming and crying, and the sound of it almost broke my heart.

"Craig, we can't make a forced landing, we can't let the Navy down," I said.

"Better let them down than die, don't you think? Remember that we lost our engine," he said.

Lightning struck again and a few more lights lit up. Beeping sounds came from everywhere.

"Yugi, we have to make that forced landing, now."

I looked at all the lights.

"This can't be happening!"

"Yugi, now!" he said.

"That damn steer is blocked, how do you want me to land?!" I yelled.

Eric pushed me off my seat and sat down himself. "We've got no time to lose, Yugi," he said.

I looked at the altigraph, that was dropping like crazy right now. Dear God. This was really happening. I opened the door of the cockpit and saw the stewardesses showing the passengers how to use their oxygen masks and above all, screaming people. I closed the door behind me.

"Are we going to be safe, captain?" crying people were asking me.

"We will do everything to get you on the ground, safely," I said.

Rain was violently attacking every single window and lightning was still striking everywhere.

"Yugi, please, some help!" one of the flight attendants yelled.

I ran towards her.

"Can you show those people how to use their masks? There are too few of us to show everyone!"

"Sure, no problem," I said calmly.

"We're going to make it, right?" she said with tears in her eyes.

"I-I hope so," I stuttered.

She nodded and wiped away her tears. Then she walked back to the people that still had to learn how to use their masks. I turned around so I could show the other people how to use it.

"Good night, captain," the crimson-eyed man said to me. He seemed oddly calm for being in a situation like this. His gaze was almost therapeutic.

"Good night, sir. You seem calm to me," I said.

"Well, I'm trained to. Are you going to show us how to use these things?" he said while pointing at the mask I was holding.

"Yes, of course, just-"

At that exact moment, the plane suddenly started to tilt very quickly and I had to cling onto a chair not to fall.

"Fasten your seatbelts!" I yelled to everyone.

I immediately knew that we were crashing. The plane was now falling down at an incredible high speed.

"Well, it was nice flying with you," the crimson-eyed man said.

I turned around so I could look into his eyes. I nodded. "The same for me."

He smiled. Then I realized I was just standing in the pathway. I didn't have any seatbelts. Taking Joey's shift had been the worst mistake of my entire life.

Then, the plane hit the ground, and I was thrown trough the plane by gravity. While I was flying through the air, I could see the plane being broken in two pieces, that both were immediately attacked by huge waves. It just looked all to happen in slow motion. Then, my head hit something and everything went black.