We Know All About Falling From the Sky

"So you said you had a plan?" Calvin looked at Kori, she had spent most of the day thinking and scribbling in a notebook.

"Yes, It's kind of complicated, and I'm not sure if you'd be able to keep up. Trey should be able to though."

"Why wouldn't I be able to keep up?!"

"Well you've stated on multiple occasions multiple times how much you severely detest Gerard Way and My Chemical Romance," Kori made a disgusted face at him.

"And?"

"We're stuck in a comic book written by Gerard Way! A universe he created that MCR then used for a concept album! You've never even read the comic, much less seen more than five seconds of one of the videos, and you definitely have never listened to Danger Days! My point is Trey and I know a ton more about where we are than you do, which makes it more confusing for your brain than either of ours."

"That makes sense."

"Okay, I'll start off simple and try to explain as I go. Killjoys usually live in groups, it's safer for them than to be on their own where a Drac could easily get them. There's a group here called the Fab Four. It's made up of Party Poison, Fun Ghoul, Kobra Kid, and Jet Star. They're probably the safest group we could be with besides each other or Dr. Death Defying. But, they're also going to die."

"So we're screwed?" Calvin asked.

"Not yet, hopefully."

"I think I know where you're going with this," Trey put in.

"Shush. Now here's where things get complicated, and maybe a little weird. I don't know what the day is relative to when the Sing video takes place. I could be completely wrong and it won't ever happen or it could happen tomorrow. I have no idea how long we have. But if we are where I think we are they'll come by eventually for supplies. All we have to do is tug on their heartstrings a little, which would be easier if one of us was five."

"So we have to kidnap a five year old?" Calvin asked.

"No? Playing the helpless lost 'children' card should work decently, I hope."

Kori used the word children very loosely because they were technically teenagers. Definitely not young enough to gather the kind of attention they needed.

Suddenly, they heard a noise, like a loud sucking sound. As Kori, Trey, and Calvin watched, part of the air seemed to shimmer, and suddenly, a blue portal appeared. Out of it fell a girl with shoulder-length brown hair, wearing a black t-shirt and jean shorts.

Thunk!

"Oof!"

"Could this day get any weirder?" Calvin asked aloud, not questioning anyone in particular.

They all scrambled for their recently bought ray guns as they stood up.

"Uh does anyone else see a person?" Trey asked.

"Yeah," Calvin answered him.

"Well that's good I'm not going insane."

"Hey! Don't move!" Calvin and Trey raised their ray guns pointing them at the girl.

"Guys! Guys she isn't even armed!" Kori walked toward her, "Right?"

The girl nodded watching Trey and Calvin.

"Guys lower your guns."

They did, if a bit slower than probably necessary.

"Are you okay?" Kori asked.

"I'm not okay, I promise!" the girl shouted, standing up immediately at the question.

"Are you an MCR fan, too?" Kori asked, her voice rising a little in pitch from excitement.