Adieu !!

8th August

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un ("We surely belong to Allah and to Him we shall return")

Finally the day came and we all will be meeting him again including his little family, 7 years old boy, 2 years girl, a 7 months old baby and a pretty looking wife. We all were so happy to see him back and indeed we all saw him but not standing on his legs instead people were holding him up. He wasn't standing anymore, we realised. This time he was lying on the floor, his face covered with the white sheet. No greetings, no movement just body without soul. He was no more. NO MORE !

"Your brother is no more alive. He died on his way coming back home", said my cousin. "See him for the one last time. After all you will never be seeing him again. Watch him closely. Hug him if you want. Pray to Allah to bless him with jannat- ul-firdaus (higher rank in paradise) Have patience. Pray to him to bless you all with sabr (patience) and him to sleep peacefully till the judgement day."

He was my mother's most beloved son. He was her top most favourite. He never refused her for anything instead he did everything that she ordered or requested. And now it was time to announce this news to my mother.

My mother had been unable to walk since past two years as she was diagnosed with dry gangrene on both of her feet and few in her fingers too.

I went back to her. Put on some courage, held her hand in my hand and sobbing, I said "Ammi babu (brother)", I repeated. "Ammi babu is no more". For a few minutes she paused and later burst out into tears.

The following evening, it was now time to bid adieu to my eldest brother. Somehow I managed to get our mother along and let her meet him for the last time. She saw him and sobbed alot. She lost her beloved son. Her best friend. She caressed his face and kissed his forehead, sending blessings on him.

The hardest day of our lives; we almost lost the hope of living a life again. For the first time in my life, I found my father, the man who always stood tall in any of the circumstances, break down into tears, feeling helpless right now, wishing he could lose all and get his child's life back.

I just can't believe we witnessed the most unexpected day of our lives and together we bid him adieu.

I still feel he's alive, one day he will come back calling out my name, hugging me tightly and saying, "how much I missed you, my dear little sister".

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Author's Note-: Thank you so much for reading 💕

Please like and comment if you'd like to read more.

Also if you like this, it'll be great to let others know too, please share 😊