Mourning days

"Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as seperation. Death has nothing to do with going away. The sun sets. The moon sets. But they are not gone".

RUMI

It's been 3 days now and we still living in the denial. As a muslim we can't mourn more than 3 days. We can grief. Feel the pain, hurt, sorrow but not mourn more than 3 days.

Whereas my sister in law who's a widow now, her mourning period (Iddah) will last for four months and 10 days). During her Iddah she neither can remarry nor meet any na-mahram (A person whom a muslim is allowed to marry).

The object of the Iddat is firstly to ascertain whether the wife is pregnant, and if so, the paternity of the child. Secondly, in the event of a revocable divorce, it gives the husband the opportunity to return to his wife, and thirdly, it gives a widow the opportunity to mourn the death of her husband.

Just like it is one of the most crucial and heart tearing phase of our lives. It indeed is same for my sister in law and the kids. Life ending feels. I really will never know the pain in the heart of my parents, sister in law and the kids.

Losing a husband is like losing one ownself especially if the husband is the one who loves and cares unconditionally.

What a huge loss for all of us. The loss that can never be compensated with any other. Although the life will keep moving on but neither the day will ever be forgotten nor the man. We will miss his presence the most. All the time.