The Blooming Bud

And I pray you end up
finding the right person
who won't leave you
promising forever ..

-Sadiqua Khan

Coming back to the present, I was staring at his photos and just then Huda caught me red handed and she snatched the mobile phone and started running singing the song,
"Zara tasveer se tu nikal kar saamne aa meri mehbooba, meri mehbooba". Oops a correction 'mere mehboob' and she started laughing out loud.

She found me blushing widely, came near to me and screamed, "Toh main rishta pakka samjhu?"

I look into her eyes and hesitated. She asked, "Aren't you performing Istikhara? (A prayer to seek Allah's help and guidance) of course I am but ... "but what", she asked anxiously.

"Don't worry everything will be alright. You just keep seeking God's help and surely he will make the path easier and smoother for all of us. May be I lack the knowledge what you are going through right now but all what I can say to motivate you is to have faith and stop overthinking. Past has nothing to do with the present or future. It's gone and done instead focus on the new present and a blooming future waiting to welcome you", she advised.

Okay tell me? She again asked. Tell me how do you find him? I puzzled. She impatiently asked, "Isn't it obvious I am talking about the look? None of us know his character now or how is he in person".

I started with a smile on my face and said, "A decent mechanical engineer who got blessed with deep and expressive eyes. A perfectly perfect nose and a rosy lips with a hint of redness in it and the way he carried himself in a suit vividly states how simple yet elegant his tastes are".

"Uhhu Uhhu .."She coughed. "Stop before you pen a novel right over here", she bantered. She added saying, "One thing is as pure as water is you like him and looking forward for a meet up. Well... then let's pray for the best".