The Pep Talk

It's okay to look back
but make sure you don't
"Stay there".

Sadiqua Khan

Sitting on the balcony each one holding their tea cup in the hand taking a sip one at a time. My eldest sister 'Shahnaz' who's a mother of Huda & Shafaq join us & sit down next to me.

She begin saying, "look, Husna. I know the phase we all going through is extremely difficult phase of our lives and to cope up with it is knackering. Nevertheless sooner or later we all have to accept the fact and move ahead gracefully".

"You know, Husna even at this stage of her life she (Ammi) only worried about you. You to get married in front of her eyes. She's eagerly awaiting to see you as a bride and we too. God forbids what if she won't be anymore tomorrow. There will be a huge guilt left in all of us, thinking we should've fulfilled her one last wish. So before it's too late please think on it".

"If you thinking the right moment will come and your heart will say yes to someone then my sweetheart come back to the reality, you ain't acting in the Ekta Kapoor's daily soaps. You living in the reality and in the reality nothing like the right time or right man will arrive unless you take up the will and make it right".

"Life is a ride of rollercoaster full of ups and downs and in life we all need a go-to-person with whom we can share all our good and bad days as well memories. What else could be more beautiful than sharing a soulful life with your bestfriend 24/7".

"Also if there's anyone who you like or seeing then do let us know and if nothing such then let us know. We already started seeing guys for you as in 'arranged marriage' thing.  The call is totally yours. None of us will force you, I promise. Take your time and consider my words".

"If you are still puzzle then perform 2 rakats (pray) and seek help through Allah (swt) and she leave".

Later on the following night, tossing and turning on the bed reckoning each word said by her. I get down from the bed start walking towards the Ammi bed find her sleeping peacefully. Looking at her thinking deep still considering each words said by her. I nod my head in approval, readying myself for her one last wish. The Marriage.