(3) Lingering question

"The lingering question kept me up
2 AM, who do you love?
I wonder 'til I'm wide awake
And now I'm pacing back and forth
Wishing you were at my door
I'd open up and you would say, 'Hey' "

- Jk -

During practice, Jeongguk sat on the corner stool to catch a small break while the instructor taught the rest of the choreography to the others.

November's wintery breath had already clouded the skies, frosting the glass panes, obscuring summer's memory. It had been three months since he had manically run behind the elder one night after seeing him take off. He had honestly thought someone was after them, a monster or an alien lurking in the shadows.

Looking back, it was a hilarious accident.

But accident or not, it had made Jeongguk a little less wary of the elder. Running for one's life did that to a person.

Taehyung was two years elder to him, and while he was overly touchy with people and a little- 'extra' in everything he did, he did seem like a good guy.

Objectively, he was beautiful. Making everyone heads turn kind of beautiful. But he was always in Jeongguk's space. He found Taehyung sitting on his bunk one day. Not that he had a problem with someone sitting on his bunk, but Jeongguk had been asleep and dreamt that his legs got cut off and woke up in fear and bam! Kim Taehyung was on his bunk, propped up on his legs, and playing temple run on his phone.

It felt like ever since Jeongguk shared his ice cream with him, he had taken a free pass for everything else.

But even with the pent-up frustration of someone not respecting his personal space, he couldn't seem to say anything to the elder.

It's not like he didn't want to.

But it didn't seem right.

The music played again, and Jeongguk observed the way Taehyung moved.

He did not move with the same expertise Hoseok did. His legs were firmly rooted into the ground, a bit unsure. Someone could immediately tell he was more of an amateur rather than a seasoned dancer since he used more of his upper torso and hands to express himself and not the entirety of his body. Most of them were. However, his body rolls flowed better than those of most dancers Jeongguk had seen. What Taehyung lacked in dancing, he made up for with his confidence.

Jeongguk noticed he maintained eye contact with himself through the mirror while executing his every move, changing his expression to match the beats of the song. It hardly took Taehyung fifteen minutes to learn the whole choreography, a feat even Hoseok was impressed by.

At 9 pm, Jeongguk was finished with the last vocal lesson for the day. Their nights usually went on till eleven, but today, their choreographer had to leave early. He stretched himself, opening the door to the recording room. He would go back, make some ramen, gulp it down, and sleep.

He found Taehyung sitting on the floor outside, leaning back on the wall. His heart skipped a beat, thinking that he had been waiting for him. Taehyung got up once he spotted him. "I am next," he smiled, dusting off his pants.

Jeongguk hummed, having no idea why he felt disappointed as the elder opened the door. Taehyung paused through the door and turned back with a smile. "Wait for me."