Fools (47)

"Oh, our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this
The differences and impulses and your obsession with
The little things you like stick, and I like aerosol
Don't give a fuck, not giving up, I still want it all"

- V -

Taehyung woke up to the clamour, body feeling like lead. He checked his phone, opening the maknae's chat, hoping for some reconciliation, but put it down with a sigh when he found none.

"Taehyunga, you need to get up, the flight is in five hours," one of the managers said, gently tapping the sleeping boy's shoulder. "Have you packed everything?"

Taehyung groaned in response. He sat up, legs dangling down from the bed, hair sticking out everywhere, eyes feeling puffy from crying the previous night, and a dull throbbing ache at the back of his head.

What a beautiful start to Christmas.

He picked up the strewn clothes on his bed and packed them hastily, not bothering to fold or organise them in any way. He put his phone charger, wallet, earphones, and sunglasses into his carry on and closed the door behind him as he exited with Hoseok and Jimin.

"Let's take the stairs." Hoseok suggested. "The lift is taking too long. They must be unloading our luggage downstairs."

Taehyung usually didn't mind taking the stairs but his luggage was with him, and they were on the fifth floor.

"Do you need help with that?" Jimin asked, turning back from the stairs.

Taehyung smiled and shook his head. Carrying it down might not be that difficult. Taking the suitcase in one hand he rushed down the stairs in one go.

By the time he reached the parking lot, he could see the stars in his eyes. His throat was parched, and his head was floating. He felt nauseous with every step he took.Taehyung knew he was on the way to an incoming bout of fever.

The others were assembled outside in the driveway soaking up the winter sun. He leaned on the wall for support, laying his sweaty hands flat on the cool wall, catching his breath.

"Oh Taehyunga, ready to leave my bro?" Hoseok clapped his back making Taehyung wince. His whole body hurt like pins and needles.

Jimin nudged his calf with his foot, "Are you okay?" He asked when Hoseok walked ahead.

"Hmm? Yeah I'm fine Jimina, still sleepy i guess."

Jin, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Jeongguk stood by the car, while their luggage and bags were put inside. Jimin stood with Taehyung near the wall and Hoseok stood a few feet away from them with Sejin, discussing their itinerary.

Taehyung rummaged around his carry on searching for a bottle of water.

"What is it?" Jimin asked.

"Water."

Jimin offered him a bottle from his bag, looking at him with concerned eyes.

Taehyung knew Jimin had one hand holding up a bottle but then why could see two hands?

He wasn't even drunk.

Putting forth his hand he touched the cap of bottle and held on it and a second later his palm remained suspended in mid-air, the bottle falling to the ground with a thud.

His fingers trembled.

"What the-" he heard Jimin question.

"Mianhe," Taehyung mumbled. "It just slipped from my hand."