(22) Nothing else matters

"So close, no matter how far
It couldn't be much more from the heart,
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters"

- Jk -

The autumn breeze carried the aroma of the landscape, from rain quenched soils to sunlit lake, to the evergreen foliage reflecting the woodland heart of a certain doe-eyed boy sitting at the table next to his favourite hyung and watching him lose his sobriety with every glass of liquor he swallowed.

"You know Guk-", Taehyung lifted his finger and paused to stare at the kimchi in front of him.

Jeongguk waited for his question. He nudged the elder after a few seconds.

"Hm yea? Do you need something?", Taehyung asked turning back around to face the maknae.

Jeongguk sighed.

The seven of them were out for dinner enjoying the weekend. After having a filling meal, Namjoon and Yoongi decided to have a few beers and soju.

Never stopped at few.

They were yet to get shitfaced, but Jeongguk could see it happening.

"You were angry last time, that I didn't ask you, so I thought we'll go out together today.", Taehyung pouted and before Jeongguk could respond a high pitched voice called out.

"My Juliet!", Jimin exclaimed giggling and putting his arms around Taehyung who laughed in return.

Jeongguk stared at them.

He loved Jimin, he truly did, but sometimes he just wanted to smack him.

Jimin got engaged in a conversation with Namjoon and Hoseok about how the first body part of the human fetus to evolve in the womb was the butthole.

That was a weird conversation to have.

So, Jeongguk shifted his gaze back to the man of the hour who was quickly downing his 6th glass of soju.

Taehyung wore a checked shirt sitting loosely on his shoulders over his plain black tee. He let out a small hiccup and Jeongguk couldn't help but coo over him. "Hyungie, are you okay?"

"Of course Guk, I am God.", he supplied the last part in English.

Jeongguk put a fist over his mouth stifling the incoming laughter.

"You're-- God?"

Taehyung blinked before continuing, "Yes, and how are you?"

Jeongguk laughed making Taehyung pout again.

"Hajima", Taehyung swatted his forearm.

"Are you done Tae? We should go back it's getting late", Seokjin asked the younger, his eyes glazed, but still pretty sober.

"Aw come on man!" Namjoon slapped his hand on Seokjin's shoulder making him wince.

Sometimes Namjoon forgot he was as big as a truck.

"The night is still young hyung!", Namjoon grinned making Seokjin sigh, "Add Namjoon to the list of lightweights." He rolled his eyes earning a protest from the leader.

"I think-", Yoongi slammed his hand on the table, leaning forward. "We should have one last round"

They erupted in cheers, Namjoon shaking Jin's shoulders in excitement, who shook his head but called for another round.

And after a few more last rounds, they finally called for the bill.

Taehyung quickly emptied his glass and scrunched his face.