Chapter 1 -  introduction

Nadine Nott is in a family full of pureblood supremacists. Anyone who goes against these beliefs will likely get disowned. For example, Andromeda Black got disowned for marrying a Muggle-born, Ted Tonks. Some Purebloods families marry their cousins to keep the blood pure.

       Growing up most Pureblood kids were taught to sit up straight, get the highest grades, hate muggle-borns and half-bloods, be perfect and always put on a smile.

       The grand marble ballroom of the Nott Manor glowed in the warm light cast by the floating candles and glistening chandeliers.

        Looking around everyone looked so happy and enjoying their selves, though that was the opposite of how Nadine felt as she was listening to her dad talk to the Malfoys.

        "Ah yes...It's a shame they outlaw muggle hunting" remarks Mr. Malfoy.

         "Indeed it is", answered Mr. Nott drinking from his wine glass "Thought I doubt it will last much longer."

          Nadine decided she didn't want to listen to this conversation anymore as she tapped her father's arm to grab his attention.

           "Yes Nadine," Mr. Nott glared at her for interrupting their conversation.

            "I was wondering if I could go to the loo," Nadine asked politely with a fake smile.

           "Go ahead."

            Nadine wasn't planning on going to the bathroom she was planning on going outside in her backyard. Which is exactly what she did but when she got out there she saw a boy looking at the flowers trying to pick one.

           She walk behind quietly and decided to watch him. When he was about to take a flower she cleared her throat on purpose which made him jump back in surprise.

          When he turned around you could see him better. He has dark black hair that went to his shoulders and grey stormy eyes.

           "I was just-", he started to talk.

          "I don't care if you were gonna take one"
she responds eyeing him curiously, "I doubt anyone would notice."

           "Uh ok," he said putting out his hand "Sirius, Sirius Black"

            "Nadine Nott," she said shaking his hand.

            "So how old are you?"

            "Nine, how about you," questioned Nadine, smiling brightly. Growing up she rarely talked to other children.

     "I'm nine too" responded Sirius.

            "We should probably go back to the party before our parents come looking for us" Nadine suggested and Sirius nodded in agreement.

            They both walked up back to Nott manor in awkward silence. Once they got back to the party they parted ways to get to their parents.

            Once Nadine got back she could hear Walburga Black scolding Sirus for running off and causing trouble. Sirius looked like he could care less.

           Nadine also notice that a younger boy was holding his mother's dress looking in between his mother and brother.

          About an hour later everyone was leaving and since the Nott's were hosting the party, Nadine's job was telling them all goodbye.

          As the Blacks were leaving, Nadine politely told them goodbye as Sirius winked at her.