chapter 6

When Nadine has gotten up the next day she happily got ready for the first lessons of the fifth year.  As she happily walked down the hall to attend breakfast in the great hall, suddenly as she walked around the corner something liquid fell on her head.  She closed her eyes to prevent it from getting in her eye, and that is when she heard laughter.  When she opened her eyes and looked in that direction the laughter ceased immediately.

          "Uh, I don't think that is Snivellus," someone announced.

          "Wormtail I thought you checked the map!"

          "Wha- I thought I did," he quickly sputter out.

           Nadine wasn't the least bit surprised that it was this group of students who poured a mystery look all over her face.  They had had a reputation of doing this to Slytherins, which angered her more.

            A taller boy who she thought was Remus Lupin said, "sorry, we thought you were someone else."

              "Oh because that makes it so much better, you know I am not even mad anyway because I wasn't the attended target," She said sarcastically, which caused the boys to back up in shock.

             She never even talked to them in five years besides sitting in the same class occasionally. 

              "Look it was an accident," James potter said apologizing.

               "Now I am gonna be late to class, do you know how important the OWLS are!"  She announced angrily turning around the corner again.

              "I feel bad, I think she was mad," Peter said quickly after she left.

               "Good observation," Remus said dryly.

               As Nadine walked angrily back up to her dorm she had one thing on her mind.

               Revenge

             Normally Nadine was a pretty laid-back person and didn't care what other people did.  But this was crossing a line.  In 3rd year they pranked her friend and humiliated her in front of the entire school.  She was tired of them getting away with stuff like this.

          As Nadine made it back to her dorm, she saw Bella getting ready to leave.

          "Oh hey Nadine," she said looking up which made her stop and paused,  "What happened?"

           "Some stupid idiots thought that it would be cool to pour whatever this is all over me!"  She announced angrily walking into the bathroom to shower.

            Bella decided to stay and wait for Nadine looking for any excuse to skip charms, which she hated with all of her heart.

           When Nadine walked out of the shower she walked over to her bed stand and brushed her wet hair.  Bella didn't know what to say not wanting to make her anymore mad.

         "Did it all come out okay?" Bella questioned hesitantly.

         "Yeah," Nadine sighed heavily, "I am tired of those boys pranking Slytherins for no reason. It is time we get revenge."

          "What do you suggest we do?"

            "We could prank them back,". Nadine said thinking for a second,  "but what would we do?"

           Bella thought for a second then grinned

✯ ✫ ✯

After that Bella and Nadine made their way down to the charms classroom, surprisingly Professor Flitwick didn't give them detention.

Bella came up with the perfect place to prank the boys back, tonight they were gonna sneak out of the common room to go to the library to do some research to make sure everything would go to plan.

That is all Nadine could think of all day, thinking of the satisfying looks that would be on their faces when they realized it was her.

Nadine was sitting in the great hall with Sadie and Belle eating dinner when Bella decided to bring up the topic.

"Sadie, Nadine, and I are gonna get even with some Gryffindors if you want to help," Bella told her.

"Why?"

"Because they poured something all over Nadine this morning and made us late to class."

"That is so mean! Why would they do that?" She questioned confused.

            "Because they are mean people and they like to prank people just because of their houses."

            "I will help."