Chapter 2

THIS YEAR the yearly summer ball is at the Malfoy's manor, another pureblood family. The Nott family is close to the Malfoys. They would occasionally invite them over for dinner.

The whole room was bright with lights shining everywhere. In the middle of the room was a crystal bubbles ball chandelier.

There were a bunch of plates of food being carried around by the house elves. Some people were taking in groups, others dancing and talking about who knows what.

Since the Nott's weren't hosting the ball this year, Nadine didn't have to go in and greet everyone. She decided she was gonna go out to the backyard. When she got out, there was nobody there but herself. She went and took a seat at the edge of the patio, with her feet touching the grass.

She looked up, small dots littered the sky in beautiful pieces of artwork that could be joined together with a simple touch of imagination and visualization. An almost half-moon lit up the sky and Nadine started to think of what would happen if one night the moon just disappeared. Would the stars be enough to the light of the world? She didn't think so but a smile still appeared on her face.

"You know what that brightest star is called?" Someone questioned from behind her, which made her jump a little and withdraw from her thoughts.

She turned out to be connected with grey eyes that's when she realized it was the same boy from the Nott's party last year.  Sirius

"No, do you?" She asked him. He walked forward a bit and then sat next to her, so they were a couple of inches apart.

"That star is Sirius," he said with a grin.

"Isn't that your name?"

"Yep," he said proudly.

"That's so cool that you're named after a star!" Nadine said excitedly.

"Most of my family is named after a star."

"Do you have any siblings?" She asked curiously. When she said that he smiled brightly.

"I do and he was named after a star called Regulus. Sometimes at night when we can't sleep we go out on the roof and watch the stars."

"I wish I had a sister," Nadine said with a sad smile.

"Are you excited for Hogwarts this year?" questioned Sirius changing the topic.

"I can't wait! What house do you think you will be in."

"I want to be anything but Slytherin."

"But isn't that what our family wants us to be?" She stated confused.

"Exactly."

"I think you would be a good fit for Gryffindor" Nadine turned to look at him and he looked back.

"Really?" he asked smiling at her happily.

"Yep," she smiled back and then stood up. "I'm going back to the party best of luck getting into Gryffindor."

When she got back to the party, she went and stood with her parents intel the party ended and it was time to go home.

SORRY FOR MAKING THE CHAPTER SO SHORT BUT ILL BE WRITING MORE WHEN I HAVE MORE TO WRITE SORRY