Chapter 4

FOR SOME reason, Nadine Nott loved Diagon Alley. It was something about it that make her feel safe. Maybe it was the atmosphere, the bustling and lively nature of the magical folk who walked passed her. After a lot of convincing, Nadine finally convinced her parents she was capable of going alone to Diagon Alley.

         After bidding them goodbyes; she made her way over to the famous 'Florean Fortescue ice cream'. When Nadine was in the third year she was studying inside the shop eating ice cream, when Alice Fortescue approached her.

           Nadine was so focused on reading the new books she got, that she didn't even notice the brunette witch standing over her.

           "Hello," Alice said gaining Nadine's attention.

           "Uh hello?" Nadia said confused about why she was talking to her, "my name is Nadine."

            "I know," Alice said in a small voice, then blushed when she realized what she said, "My name is Alice Fortescue. You may know me we are in the same year at Hogwarts."

           "Oh yeah! I remember you, aren't you in Gryffindor," Nadine asked Alice who nodded a little, "I love you crystal that is on your necklace."

           Alice was wearing a necklace with a big crystal on it, It has a pale pink coloring and translucent transparency, and a vitreous luster.

         "Thank you so much!" Alice said smiling widely.

        After that Nadine and Alice talked for an hour about crystals, which confused Nadine but she didn't want to interrupt Alice's happy rant.

        When Nadine got to Florean Fortescue ice cream, she notice Alice Fortescue sitting in the daydreaming. Nadine quickly made her way over.

        "Hello," Nadine said announcing her present

        "Hey," Alice said still daydreaming a little, "are you excited for Hogwarts, I can't believe we are in year 5."

        "Yep! I'm super nervous about the O.W.Ls exams," Nadine has been studying for them all summer, and sometimes intel midnight.

         "I can't wait to see Frank, he has been sending me letters all summer break," Alice told Nadine as she grabbed some ice cream from her family's shop and put it in front of them to share.

         Everyone in the whole school knew that Alice Fortescue and Frank Longbottom had the biggest crush on each other.

         "Love letters" Nadine replied with a sing-song voice smirking.

         "No!" Alice said immediately blushing, "And you're one to talk."

          "You know I don't like him like that," Nadine said rolling her eyes and clearly annoyed.

        The Slytherin Evan Rosier has been trying to get with all of last year. He even tried to give her roses but Nadine knew that he just wanted a pureblood girl.

       "Anyways," Nadine said quickly changing the subject, "I got perfect this year!"

       "Oh, that wonderful!" Alice declared smiling, she started putting away the empty ice cream bowl, "Let's go shopping for stuff we need."

       Alice and Nadine made their way to Flourish and Blotts bookseller shop. Nadine started to look around for The dream oracle for division, when she was looking down she bumped into somebody.

      "I'm so sorry," Nadine apologize immediately, when she looked up she was meant with grey eyes.

      "Oh it's okay darling," Sirius said smirking which causes Nadine to roll her eyes and turn around.

      "Wait!" Sirius called out, "I haven't talked to you in a while, what have you been doing?"

      "School," Nadine said sarcastically.

     Sirius hasn't talked to Nadine since she has been sorted into Slytherin. On the first day of 1st year, she tried to say hello and he just blankly ignored her.

      "Look I'm sorry I've been ignoring you," Sirius apologized smirking.

       "You been ignoring me for 5 years," Nadine said glaring at Sirius, "plus you also been a prat, you litt-"

        Nadine was cut off by Alice asking if she was done, "yeah, coming," giving Sirius one last glare who smirked had dropped.

       "What was that about?" Questioned Alice while they stone in line for the payment, the wizard in front of them was taking forever to pay.

        "Nothing," when Nadine's turn came she moved forward and quickly handed the money to the women in charge of the shop.

        Alice and Nadine went outside and said their goodbyes, and Nadine made her way home.

✯ ✫ ✯

        When Nadine arrived home she immediately went upstairs to her room to study. She walked over to her desk and put down her books.

          She pulled out a piece of parchment paper and a quill. She sat there for a while thinking if she overreact to Sirus, unknown to her that her head was absentmindedly started drawing numbers.  As Nadine looked down she notice she wrong the same 6 letters down the entire sheet of parchment paper.

          10 31 81

       Nadine thought this was weird but quickly crumpled up the paper and throw it in the trash can.

       Nadine had her charms book pulled out and on her desk when her mother screamed, "Nadine, dinner is ready."

        When Nadine looked out her window and realized it was already dark, meaning that her dad would be home from the Ministry. Nadine quickly fixed her hair and ran downstairs.

        "Nadine what did I tell you about being late for dinner," Mr. Nott scolded her.

         "She was studying for her O.W.ls, calm down," Mrs. Nott said, which causes Nadine to smile slightly.  She loves the way her mom always stood up for her.

          The house-elves already set the meal on the table, their elves always got the meal ready on time. Sometime after dark when Nadine was studying she would come down and talk to her house-elf and get tea.  She knew if her mom found out she would be mad.

          "How was your day at Diagon alley?" Mrs. Nott questioned as they all sat down.  Nadine would never tell her mom that she was hanging out with a 'blood traitor'.

          "It was fine, I got all my books for this year," Nadine replied smiling at her mom.

          "When I was in Hogwarts I got all outstanding on my O.W.Ls, I expect the same from you," Mr. Nott nodded at Nadine.

          "I will father," Nadine said quietly.

          "I and your mother have some news for you," Mr. Nott announced, "We believe that since you are two years away from graduating we should find some suitors."

          "But we will of course wait intel you finish Hogwarts," Mrs. Nott quickly added.

          Nadine knew this day would be coming since she was a little girl. Her father would always bring it every time she was at a pureblood summer ball.

         "Anybody, you like?" Questioned Mrs. Nott.

          "Uh not really," Nadine thought for a second, "but I promise to find someone soon."

           This made her mother happy because she smiled widely. After dinner, Nadine went back up to her study, although her mind wandered back to a certain black-hair wizard.