twenty six. headaches & migranes

WHAT'S IT GONNA be? The words wandered aimlessly around in her head. Mila didn't understand herself, why was she so ticked off by Mikey? She shouldn't even be this worried about him, the choice was clear; choose Dior.

But Milagros still found herself locked inside her room a while later, music blasting on her speaker while she tried her hardest to concentrate on the screen in front of her. She watched as the vertical blue line disappeared and reappeared again, waiting for her to start typing into it.

"Ugh, why.. why?" She groaned and leaned back in the chair, throwing her head back.

You should come through tonight, I'm chilling on the west side boo, call my home girl tell your bestfriend he can come too

"On the low, a remote location" she sang along to the lyrics, silently cursing herself for starting the essay this postponed.

"The prime reason for this.. nah.. however, because of this injustice... what? No.." she clicked the delete button until she started getting fed up and had to refrain herself from deleting the whole intro to the essay.

"What the fuck do we even learn from this?" Mila rolled her eyes to the back of her head, swearing that she could feel her brain melting away.

"Yo, I'm going to dunkin want something?" Trey entered the room, he tilted his head at her and furrowed his eyebrows at his little sister.

"You good?.."

"Iced coffee, and bring some donuts too please" she mumbled back, too busy glaring at her faint reflection in the screen.

"Alright, well I'll be back in a bit" He said, spinning his car keys on his index finger and slowly walked away from her door.

"I'm gonna throw this damn computer out" she mumbled and clicked the save button before she could do anything else.

Nia whatcha doin?

Mila groaned at this, she absolutely loved Nia to death but right about now she really needed time to focus on the essay. And she knew that ever time they hung out; the conversation topic somehow always came back to either Dior or Mikey. Which she didn't need right now.

Mils🤎 finishing that essay girl, hbu?

Nia🤎 just finished practice. Trey told me to text you, I don't know if I should be concerned or..?

Mils🤎 1 attachment*

Nia🤎 why would he🤦🏾‍♀️ oml wtf is Mikey doinnnn

Mils🤎 yeahhhh, dude really tried to give me an ultimatum.. this is not on my block boy

Nia🤎 i see, we'll finish that essay. I know that ur not finished yet lmao

Mils🤎 i wanna die😫

Nia🤎 I'll treat I to ice-cream when ur done❤️😭

Milagros chuckled to herself and placed down her iPhone on the desk, face down in an attempt not to get distracted.

She typed on the keyboard until she could practically feel her fingers going numb from the constant force on them, they started to cramp and she decided to take a break. Mila walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen.

Chris was sat on on of the barstools by the kitchen island, watching freaky Friday but he had switched the language to French.

"Can you even understand anything?" She scoffed at him while getting the juice box from the fridge.

"That's the point, I'm going to understand later on" he said in a sassy tone, rolling his eyes at her while he ate the honey flavored cereal.

"Hmm" Mila replied, leaning her back against the kitchen counter, facing the tv while she watched as they broke up the fortune cookies in the movie.

Trey entered the kitchen soon enough and set down a box full of donuts and two ice coffees.

"I had to run an errand" he said quietly, while Mila opened the box and picked up her favorite out of the bunch.

The three siblings hung out for bit in the kitchen until their mom came home from work. She was exhausted and rested a hand on her hip when she laid eyes on the dunking donuts box.

"Really Trey?"

He only laughed at her and gave her a side hug while his eyes stayed glued on the movie. She chuckled at them and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"My boy" she said proudly, carefully caressing his face.

"Jeez mom, you definitely don't have a favorite" Chris rolled his eyes, turning away to hide the grin on his face.

"Aww, Chris you're my little baby" she rushed to his side, laughing as she hugged him tightly.

The door opened and two faces she did want to see appeared.

"Hey everybody" Dior greeted and went to her side, giving her a peck on the cheeks since her mom was present.

"Hey miss martone" Mikey came up to her side, earning a hug from the shorter woman.

Mikey and Mila locked eyes and she tried to hide the shocked look on her face. But a smirk flashed across his lips and she internally groaned, already feeling the headache due the next day.

"Hey, anyone want dinner? I bought take out" Trey said and placed down Thai food on the counter, Mila didn't even notice that he had gone to get the door after the doorbell went off by the delivery man.

They all sat down and both Mikey and Dior rushed to sit next to her. Trey exchanged a glance with his sister as she was sat between the other two boys.

They pretended as if everything was normal and went on with their evening.

"How's the essay going?"

Mikey and Dior exchanged a look, they both closed their mouths again and everybody could feel the awkwardness in the air as they had both asked the same question.

"It's going great.." Mila smiled, focusing on the plate in front of her instead of the two teenage boys next to her.

Sorry for not updating lovelies! I actually forget abt this account sometimes because I'm more active on another lmao, sorry!!