thirty. just like a fool

MILA WASN'T ANGRY, she simply listened to the words that somehow made its way to her ears clearly enough.

"I'm sorry about that" the girl in front of her apologized, looking down at the floor in shame.

"I-I don't even know what happened that night" Nia was beyond ashamed of herself, she didn't know what or how to say it.

Mila was silent, she stayed so until she saw a tear form in her friend's eyes.

"He came to me when you guys were on a break and I feel so ashamed that I went behind your back Mila, I really do. I know as your friend; I should've just iced him out but he wanted to get you back" Nia mumbled.

"Well, I was pretty sure he did. Until he tried to kiss me"

Mila couldn't believe it, her opinion had been biased. When Mila had come to Nia for support and Advice she would always say the same bullshit 'Dior deserves another chance'.

"Damn it Nia, why didn't you come to me?" Mila sighed and closed her eyes. She rubbed her temples, it was a miracle how she was still functioning at this point.

Nia was silent now, she couldn't speak.

"It doesn't matter now, I should've known. He's done this before, damn I really am stupid" She still found it in herself to crack a joke.

"I'm really sorry Mila, I regret not telling you" Nia finally broke the happy facade.

Milagros Martone walked down to the living room. Everyone had gathered around the couches and Nia soon followed suit after. She kept her gaze on the floor and entered Dylan's side who gave her a weird glance.

"You good?" Nia mouthed from across the room. Mila nodded her head and stood in place.

Dior appeared in front of her. He cupped her cheeks in his hands and gave her a hopeful smile. What the fuck had he been taking?, she thought and ripped his hands off of her.

He rolled his eyes "come on Mia" Dior latched onto her arm.

They were now attracting more eyes on them as they raised their voices at each other.

"Bro, stop it, she doesn't want you" A third voice interfered.

Mila snapped her head to the side, there stood Mikey. She hadn't seen him in a while. Although she wondered how he was holding up, she never got the courage to call or text him for the matter.

"Fuck off Mikey, I ain't having it today" Dior kisses his teeth, already feeling agitated by the freshman.

"Nah, what? You think you own her? Grow the fuck up" Mikey pushed him right back, he was clearly intoxicated.

Mila wasn't about to interfere so she took a step back and stayed quiet.

"She is my girlfriend Mikey, not yours!"

"That's why I fucked her while you was on a break?!"

The whole room went silent. Mila could feel her heart dropping for the second time in the span of thirty minutes.

Dior slowly turned to Milagros. She looked awfully guilty, she had never been good at hiding her emotions.

"Tell me it's not true" Dior said in more of a statement.

"I'm sorry Dior" was all she could say as she lowered her gaze down to the floor.

Before anything else could happen, Mikey had grabbed her hand. He led her out to the white corvette parked on the driveway.

"Get in" he said lowly and she followed suit.

"You're not supposed to be driving Mikey, you're drunk"

He sighed before he turned on the car and began driving out of the neighborhood.

Mikey pressed the play button on the stereo and a slow tune started playing. She recognized it. Coffin by Jessie Reyez.

We fought until the sun rose
And I still ain't been to bed

"You fuck up my mind Mila" he mumbled as he kept his eyes on the road.

"Sorry I made you so confused Mikey, wasn't my intention" Mila stated.

And while you got your eyes closed

Mikey stopped at the red light, he leaned his head back on the headrest and closed his eyes for a moment. A heavy sigh escaped his lips and he played with a lock of his curly hair.

The green light casted a hue on them as he snapped his eyes open and turned to her.

The devil wakes up in my head

"Who do you love Mila?"

The question didn't catch her off guard at all. She knew his corny ass to well, she knew he'd be asking her this.

"Mikey—"

"Nah, cut the bullshit, I'm done playing games with you"

He told me that you hate me and you
blame me and you said that you wish
that you were dead

Mikey pressed down on the gas pedal, he could feel her nervousness as they entered the highway.

"Mikey, we should return to the others"

"Mila, just say that you made a mistake"

So I write a little note out

"I—"

"It's not that hard Mila"

They were going so fast she barely had time to focus on one thing. The music was blasting, the wheels were speeding up and the pressure was still on.

Suicidal love roulette

"Tell me that you love me!" Mikey groaned, he was frustrated. The words were on the tip of her tongue, why not spit it out already?

He left the highway and drove up the hills of Los Angeles.

You make me wanna jump off the roof, cause I love you to death, just like a fool

"Fucks sake Mikey! Slow the fuck down!" She exclaimed as he swerved around the only other car on the lonely and big road.

I'd rather a coffin, handmade for two 'cause I love you to death, just like a fool

"You're testing my patience here"

"Mikey!"

The car slid and left makes on the ground before crashing into the barrels of the road. Her vision was blurry as the car took some damage, she couldn't comprehend what was happening.

Just like a fool

Not even the fact that they were upside down.

She reached for his hand and squeezed it. Her heart was lifted as he gave her a squeeze back, ensuring her that he was alright even tough he spoke no words.

Just like a fool

a/n
that was fucking intense. Tbh I don't even know anymore😭