I.

Alia

 January 5, 9:30 AM

 Walking down the stairs, I saw mom dining at the table. I sat down on the chair and poured myself a bowl of cereal and milk. I saw the TV on as mom stared at it intently. 

 News of the recent murder in the Diamond Village. 2 bodies were found lying down the street. All have stabs. Another one is found in pieces in different trash bins of the city. A large smile was imprinted on the wall. It was yet again a murder of Dream Zach. Our most wanted criminal. Stay inside your house during the night as he only attacks during the night. Beware of this mask.

 A mask was shown it was a simple smile. An image of surveillance camera footage was shown. It was a man with a green hoodie, and a blooded mask, using a bow pointed at the camera. I finished my cereal and placed it in the sink. 

 "Hey Alia, dear. Can you please buy some groceries? I have to do some work here at home and watch your sister?", mom said making me look at her, and nodded.

 Went inside my room, I sighed and wore a pair of jeans and a crop top as it was a hot sunny day outside. I walked out with my Nike shoes and walked inside the living room. Mom gave me a paper of things I should buy and a 200 dollar bill. I decided to walk there as I wanted to save money. The view from the outside was beautiful. People walking or mowing their lawn. Smiling at the people, I heard a voice from behind me. 

 "Hey, Lia! It's me Isabela. Your best friend!", a familiar voice spoke.

 I turned around and smiled at the blonde woman with blue eyes in front of me.

 "Hey, Belle. How's your morning?", I asked.

 "It's fine! Someone left a bouquet of roses in front of my doorstep! It was so sweet, but I don't know who it was.", she explained making me smile teasingly at her.

 "Wow, Belle has a secret admirer. That's shocking news!", I fake exclaimed making her glared at me.

 "Just because you're hot doesn't mean you get all the men gawking at you Lia.", Belle pouted making me chuckle.

 "Hey, men don't gawk at me.", I said making her laugh.

 "Oh, you didn't know? Now you do.", her laughter boomed.

 I stared at her in disbelief as I sighed. 

 "I gotta go. It's getting quite late. Had to get home by 5. Or this mysterious masked person kills me.", I jokingly said making Belle stare at me in disbelief.

 "Why are you joking around with that news?", she asked.

 "Why?", I asked.

 "The ones who talk ill to that person get killed tonight. Those who got killed justifies it as their last words were that these were just false rumors.", Belle explained making me nod shamelessly.

 "Yeah, I gotta go.", I said and waved at her.

 "Stay safe!", she yelled making me yell back a yes.

 I walked down the road with a sigh. A small pang of fear erupts through me as Belle said that. Was that masked guy really hates people who talk ill to him? 

 * 

 3:50 PM 

 The time I finished, I sighed. Finally, I can go home. I walked back the road and sighed. I now regretted not taking my bike with me. This will take longer. My phone suddenly vibrated as I looked at it.