V.

Alia

 1 week later

 February 17, 8:00 AM

 We stopped by a stop as I kept complaining since I was starving. We haven't eaten anything yesterday and I am starving now! I don't care if he did all the work since I can't use my powers again after I saw the damage it did.

"Get your food on the road, and let's go! This is a waste of time Lia. Our next mission is harder than any of what we had accomplished.", he coldly said making me ignore him and ordered a budget meal.

I handed some coins and ate some noodles. Clay silently growled and sat next to me. I knew he can't do anything since I am stubborn, but I didn't care. An empty stomach means lesser energy. I looked at him and saw his eyes on his gloves, playing on them. I figured he is controlling his anger and not lash at me and pull me out. Our eyes suddenly met as I averted my eyes, shy that he caught me staring. His gaze burned holes in me as it felt like he is staring directly at my soul. I look at him and twisted my fork to eat some noodles. I grabbed the spoon and drank the soup of the noodles. It tastes delicious! I looked at Clay who's eyes still on me.

"Do you want some?", I offered.

"I'm not hungry.", he plainly said only to hear his stomach growl.

His ears turned red as he looked away. A giggle left my lips as I grabbed some noodles and soup on my bowl and brought it close to Clay's face.

"Here. Say ah!", I said as he looked at me, then the food.

He slowly opened his mouth and ate it silently.

I ordered another bowl and gave him chopsticks as I figured he might know since he speaks Japanese and Greek. He hesitantly ate his food, but soon ate it fast as if it was gonna disappear in front of him. I chuckled at his cute response to food when he's hungry. He glared at me and snatched the bowl from me and ate it. A gasp left my lips as I hit his hand making the spoon drop to the bowl. I took my bowl and drank the remaining soup as he ate all the toppings and noodles.

"Okay, I'm all set. Let's go?", I asked.

He nodded and stood up and walked to the door, slamming it.

"Sorry for the trouble.", I apologized as the old woman smiled and shook her head.

"No worries dear. You can come back anytime, I would be open. That man of yours is a keeper. Don't lose him.", the old lady said.

"Oh, he's my partner.", I blushed.

"He's your husband?", she asked, surprised.

"Sort off...", I rubbed the back of my neck.

"You both look cute together. I bet your children would be beautiful.", she complimented making me blush deeper.

 A child with him?

 I feel it'll never happen. We both hated each other. Plus, how can I fall for an egocentric person? I bid my farewell and walked to see Clay leaning on the pole.

"Damn woman taking so much time. Cause of you the city is getting destroyed. We better hurry or we won't be able to save our target.", he said, and swept me off my feet, carrying me bridal style as he made a run.

I yelped at his action as I wrapped my arms around his neck, afraid that I'll fall. His breathing hitched, and his speed accelerated. 

±±±

We stopped in a city in flames. Screaming and running were heard.

"What's going on?!", I shrieked.