Departure

-Ryan was in the bathroom in nothing less then disbelief. Here he was at the most secretive base on U.S. soil.  He was also in love with the sole reason that he was there.  The tears started to pool in the corners of his eyes as he looked up into the mirror.   He just couldn't believe it!!!!

"Well! This is it. This is all it."

-He turned on the sink and washed his hands thereafter combing back his hair with his still wet hands.  A deep sigh then came out knowing that this would probably be the last time he would use that specific bathroom. Being that it was part of the weapons evaluation squadron.  The mirror was sticker bombed with other test campaigns and missions that had taken place as well as visiting squadrons that left there mark there.  However the tears definitely came out when he looked at the very top of the mirror.  At the top was a Silhouetted Black F-16 with her name curved over the top "A... R....A..."

"Ahhhh my girl and my love....."

-He raised his hand as he swiped it across the decal. 

"You are the reason! And you I love you and seriously thank you!"

-All of sudden. (Beep beep beep beeep beep)
The alarm on his watch went off.  He grabbed it and pushed a button to make it stop when he saw the time. 

"1 Am.  Damm.   It's almost time for the shuttle.  Aahhhhhaaa.  Better say the last goodbyes."

-He exited the bathroom and started down the long hallway that lead back out to the Flightline. Either side of the hallway were photo frames of past projects with the occasional little UFO reference thrown in. The more he went down, the more he tried to hold back the tears Cause he knew that at the end of the hall would be a beautifully frame picture of ARA with vapor coming over her wings and some pictures of her 1st discoveries , much like a babies 1st moments. As he got closer he could feel his eyes starting to Well up no matter how much he tried to hold them back. He took the last five steps and came up to the case with everything on his project, her, and the significance of the mission. What really caught his eye was the picture of ARA and him both smiling. Sure it was a little odd yet the meaning of that picture was much much more. That was the 1st day she had completed a normal flight by herself! No interference from anyone outside, she lit her engine, did her checks and off she went. He loved how much of a size difference it showed. She was framed with her pitot tube and slightly at a angle and he was leaning on her intake which made him look small. Yet their smiles were as clear as day!!! Her's with the slight fade into black and grids that lead to some of her electrical components for cooling. His with very nice and white teeth and a smile as big as he could make it. He loved it so much that he quickly took out his phone and snapped a picture. He stared at it for a second and put it away as he pushed in on a door's push bar and steeped back into the cool Nevada air.

"Ohhh god! I really don't want to say goodbye"

-He kept saying to himself as he took the long way back to hanger. Eventually he had to go back and did as he walked down the rails of the hanger doors to the slight opening. He turned the corner and there She was!!! Still sitting pretty on her wheels and with a some party streamers that had draped over her wings.

"Welcome back love!!!" 
"Oh haaaaiii there lovely! (Deep breath and sigh)"
"Ohhhh what's wrong Hun? "
"Love!  You know.... And I really really don't want to leave. "

-He walked up close to her and walked up the small step ladder to be at eye level. 

"I really really REALLY am gonna miss you babe.  I know our relationship isn't the most normal of them all.  Yet our love is real and I don't want to go."