LIGHT THE FIRES!!!!

-After what seemed like a eternity, the day had finally come for the moment of truth. The air was deathly still as the sun had not yet lit up the upper atmosphere. Stars all out and the faint chirps of crickets! ARA have had Ryan crack the hanger door just enough to peer out on her left side.
"Dammit Ryan I hope you are ready for this, I hope you are! And ....... I hope I am too...."
She was still worried about her physical wellness. While most of herself had now become a metal flesh mixture. She still had components that she was unsure of. Yet she had given Ryan a seal of approval and he to was confident as well of her airworthiness. The crickets chirped and the sun lit up the upper heavens as the clock struck 6:30 am.

She knew Ryan was still passed out from the day prior

She knew Ryan was still passed out from the day prior. He had gone out to the city to do his normal task of food shopping and other things. He also stopped by some friends who had some things for him. She didn't know exactly what it was but it was nothing tooo necessary supposedly . Yet thoughts time in and time again would hit her. "Am I gonna be able to do it? ". ARA had sat for a little more then 2 years now. The same hanger, the same concrete pad and the same picture framed of Ryan and herself on the day they first flew. Yet what feared her was the possibility of not returning from this one or even worse, killing Ryan and herself.   She watched as the sun ever so slowly turned the sky purple hues then in orange hues.   By now the clock struck 7:30 and crack went the door of the adjacent house.  The sound of crunching gravel with each step as he got closer.  Then like textbook , a hand came around the corner.   "Good morning love!   I hope you rested well!"   A smile from ear to ear as he looked at her as the sun cast the warmest light on her.   Her HUD glowing green in the faint light.
"My love! ....... Are you sure you wanna do this? "
"Honey!  What's worrying you?"
Ryan moved closer as he cupped her nose and passed his hand over her AOA probes.
"Ryry.    I don't want to hurt you.   I don't want disappoint you and lastly......... I ... iii."
Her stutter said it all as he finished her though. 
"You don't want to kill me?"
"Yeah................   Look love I know I've passed the ops checks , and the others checks. I feel fine and I believe I can do it.  But I haven't torn up the sky in what two years now? And I really really don't want to kill you in a accident of my doing!"
Ryan looked her straight in her eye and gave her somewhat of a sigh. "Babe! Don't give me that look".
"ARA love. Look I'm not worried! You've passed every check and then some. I feel confident that you will slip the surely bonds of earth and touch the sky again. And please baby! I rather go down with you then without you!"

The two looked at each other, locking eyes in mutual subconscious agreement. Her own shone of red hued hydraulic fluid feigning in a cry. In the moment the mighty Falcon and earthling shared, bright rays of sunlight peaked beyond the mountain ridge. It lit both in a vibrant shower of orange light. Everything else in the distance only left as a black silhouette. Ryan gazed about before returning to his massive yet tamed bird of prey.
"Love? Shall we‐ shall we kick the tires and light the fires?"
Her reply took a moment, seeing him breifly eye himself to tip toe.
"Ryry.. Promise me one thing. Promise me that no matter what happens, that you'll still be that person I met when I first awoke."
"Love! I promise.. I'll go get ready."