Part 3: Memorial

The trip wouldn't take too long, especially in the aircraft, this made Thomas anxious, going back.
A thousand thoughts roamed his mind.

Would this really bring him closure? Could he finally say goodbye? All he did know was, he loved her.

Newt did too, only he came to terms with her death more quickly.

For once, Gally actually felt sympathy for Thomas.
Sure Thomas could irk his nerves a lot but he knew what y/n meant to him. He almost wanted to apologize for being so mean to him back in the glade.

But he didn't, his pride was too strong. He carried himself too high for that.

"You ready for this mate?" Newt asked him,

"I don't know." He sighs, once again twirling the ring in his fingers.

"She would have loved it Tommy." Newt smiles,

"Yeah, she would have said yes too." Minho joins,

"I miss the glade." Frypan speaks quietly.

They nod, agreeing.

Memories run through their minds, most of y/n.
When she came up from the box, when she ran into the maze.

Newt thought of his treasured memories with her, in the tree, their first kiss together, the night shared in the bunks.
He thought about how he accused her.
He knew it was wrong, that he had no proof.
It was a foolish thing to do, she didn't do it and deep down, he knew that now. Only it was too late.

Frypan didn't have as much interaction with her. Only seeing her during meals and at bonfires back in the glade, as well as in the scorch running alongside her, he missed her smile.

Minho thought of y/n as his best friend, he remembered her bravery, the way she always spoke her mind, he admired that. He only wishes they had more time together.

And Thomas, he thought about every last minute he spent with her, every word they spoke, every kiss, every touch. Every mistake he made, he never blamed her, not then, not now.

Maybe the boys had saved his life by taking him on this trip, after all maybe he wouldn't take his life tonight, he knew deep down, she would never let him. She wouldn't want that, she wanted him to be happy, live his life and celebrate it.

The aircraft shakes as it lands,

Thomas takes a deep breath, inhale, exhale.

They exit the aircraft armed, being prepared for what they might see.

But they could never be prepared for who they were going to see.