Chapter 2: Failed to escape

Jake Wilson. He looked at me. I looked down. “You can sit behind Alex” ordered Mr. Lathen. His eyes have not left me even after I looked down. That smirk was not getting off his face. Was there something on my face? His eyes burned on my skin every glimpse he took. I looked up while he walked behind me. “Mate” he growled. Wait…What did he just say and was that a growl…? Whatever, I might be paranoid as I thought in my head. Probably from all of those books I read. The typical Alpha male falling for the nerd. I wish my knight in shining armour or my prince charming in my dreams was to come as my angel and save me from my own hell hole. “BRRRRIINNGGG.” That was the bell. Snapping me out of my day dram. Wait WHAT? That’s a first said my conscious. It really gets annoying when your devil and your good side collide and are like… Wait are we actually agreeing on something? I am getting distracted so easily today, what is happening to me today…

“Eww… move everybody! Here comes the pig” giggled some girls. Head high Alex. Ignore and walk. Ignore and walk. Ign- “Hey Alex. Read any books lately about your ugly face and your geeky personality” remarked the star quarterback who had a cheerleader clinging onto him like a plastic Barbie Doll. “Maybe you should go to a school for girls with ugly faces and have no life.” Putting her foot out and blind and clumsy as they say I am, I trip. Face first. Uhgg…This hurts. I feel a hand on my back and shiver at the touch. Behind me is the new kid. Jake Wilson. His anger boiling up as he was seeing me suffer. He got me back up and ran towards the quarterback. “Watch your mouth or else i will put it up your-“he stopped. His friends came and took him off and tried to relax and calm him down. “I heard he is the new bad boy of our school. He got expelled in his last school for breaking into a huge fight” mentioned one of the couples who were making out in front of my locker. Why my locker?? UGGHH. My life is just indescribable.

“Are you alright. I swear I was gonna punch that guy in the fac-“continued Jake.

“I am all right. Thank you. I gotta go…” and with that I walked away, grabbing my backpack and getting out of the hell hole as fast as I could.

I reached the change room. Putting on my tank top and leggings. I couldn’t put on shorts because of all the bruises and scars I received from the one and only, my father. I put my hair in a messy bun and my Nike headband. Grabbing my water bottle, I reach the soccer field and a sense of relief hits me. Thank the lords. I grab my soccer ball. My only soccer ball that meant the world to me. My mother gave it to me while I was a little girl. I loved her and a few tears started to flow down my cheeks at the thought of her suffering in the hospital fighting for her life. I prayed. I started to dribble and then memories started drifting back into my head. Slap after slap, punch after punch, the verbal abuse and it all came to me that my life is screwed up and that I was never going to be happy. Never. NEVER! I ran faster and faster and when I got to the net, I kicked it straight up in the air, reaching the clouds, coming back down and scissor kicking it into the net. I breathed heavily and fell on the ground. I didn’t just start crying, I was screaming at myself. I always had suicidal thoughts but thought about my mom and not leaving her side. Ever. I try to regain myself again but nothing works. I felt so weak. I heard a few footsteps, then many footsteps and try to look back but, too scared, of course. I regain the strength and see a line of people. From left to right I see 20 pairs of eyes watching me with open mouths, except for one. The star quarterback, his friends, the cheerleaders, Mr. Lathen, the gym teacher, the principle, and my father. His lips pressed together trying not to release the anger in public. Oh no…MY FATHER WAS GOING TO KILL ME. This was not good. Coming from behind them was Jake Wilson and his friends. He had a worried face as I looked at my dad who was not just angry but, furious.

“We want you on the soccer team” Mr. Cole said, the gym teacher.

“I- I a- don’t know-w what to ssayy” I was stuttering. Great.

“She can’t. Sorry but she has to focus on something else that is far more important than this garbage. Let’s go Alex” demanded my father.

“Yes father” agreeing and walking away. They were all still staring at me but, Jake. He was so looking at me blankly. But why?  

It was not like he knew anything about me or what happens to me every day in my house…