Chapter 8: Unexpected Guests

It is not known that a girl can go through so much pain and still stand. Mid-term exams or coming up. Spending my time in the library for 4 or 5 hours is relaxing. No distractions and no father. Texts after texts I receive from my father eventually gets on my nerves and I make my way home.

“Why are you late?” questioned my father.

“I was studying in the library for our mid-term exams.” I answered.

 “I don’t know why you are trying so hard. You’re probably gonna fail anyways.” Insisted my father. I ignored him like always. I made my way upstairs when he stopped me in my tracks.

“I have some news for you. Your mother is dead now and I have no wife. You have no mother...” continued my father. Was that cold heart of his starting to soften a bit? “I’m overjoyed that she is finally gone” and the cold hearted man was back. “We haven’t had any guest for a while... Guests are coming in approximately 30 minutes, get cleaned up and make dinner and dessert. She is a good friend of mine from middle school and we crossed paths at work today. Her name is Sandra Wilson. She has a son by the way so try not to show any interest in him.” Oh now, please don’t be who I think it is!

“His name is Jake Wilson.” With that sentence, he finished off leaving me shocked.

When his mouth uttered those 2 names, my mind went completely blank. I took a cold shower trying to numb the thought of the guy who is coming to my house. I put on a fancy blank top with mahogany leggings. Making pasta and salad, the doorbell rang. My heart skipped multiple beats and I couldn’t think straight and I couldn’t hold my legs. I continued stirring the salad with the dressing and heard a few footsteps. I made my way to introduce myself.

“Hi Peter. It’s nice to meet you once again. Is this your daughter? I believe it is Alex?” she questioned.

“Yes, I am the one and only Alex Ryder. You must be Sandra Wilson.” Shaking hands, my eyes looked up at Jake who was smirking at me.

“Alex.” He smirked shaking my hands sending some tingles and shivers down my spine.

“Jake.” I smiled back.

“So you guys know each other. Great” my father smiled. Wow, that’s a first.

“Yes we do sir. In fact, she is in every one of my classes.” Making our way to the living room. I served wine around the room even though I was still not allowed. I made my way to the kitchen getting the dinner ready. I felt a sense of someone watching me. Leaning against the door was the one and only, Jake Wilson.

“I like the way you cook. I can get used to this every morning.” Jake smirked at the thought of us being actually married.

“Oh please, I don’t think that I would want to marry a garbage can.” I smirked making him feel rejection on its plate.

“Feisty. I like.” Letting out a small chuckle.

“I need to cook, so go away Jake, please.” I let out a sigh. I remember how my father repeated many times that if something goes wrong, I am going to get a severe beating. I was afraid. I bit down my lip so I wouldn’t start crying. I tear went down my eyes, falling down my cheek on the possible consequences that could occur.

“Hey hey. Why are you crying? A beautiful like yours should never let one tear go down that pretty face of yours.” I blushed at his remark and let out a small smile.

“I-uh-I don’t want to talk about it.” Stirring the salad to get my mind distraction free.

“I won’t push you to tell me anything unless you want to. By the way, I like your top. I actually had this one thought  that you were n-“

“Jake stop it. That’s disgusting.” Playfully pushing him with my arm and letting a chuckle escape my mouth.

“Ah, there it is. Your smile turns the whole world shining bright. Did you know that?” I blushed for the second time. He wiped of the tears of my face with both of his thumbs and resulted in me blushing for the THIRD time, it’s a hatrick. This boy is like magic. He put up his cuffs and started to help with the salad. We set up the dinner table together seeming like we had done it before.  

“Dinner is ready” making my way to the living room and see my dad and Jake’s mother laughing and watching some 1980s show. Who knows...?

“Oh, can’t wait. I bet it is going to be delicious.” smiled Sandra. We sat in the order of my father at the head of the table facing us, Sandra beside him and on the opposite side of her, me and Jake sitting beside each other.

“This is delicious Alex! You have to come to my house and cook me some of this pasta and salad. This is just magnificent. Don’t you think Peter?” she questioned my father letting out a huge smile.

“Yeah sure.” Trying not to show his soft side. After our guests left, may I say handsome guest and his beautiful mother, I went upstairs to take a shower but, forced at my steps with a kick at my shins.

“What did I say? Try not to impress them! I’ve had enough you.” Slapping me and attacking me with his legs and arms at my body. I felt so weak after being punched and pulled by my hair. I was screaming for help.

“Somebody. Please. Anybody! Help. Help...”I cried with agony all over my body.

“Nobody is going to hear you, you pathetic loser.” He smirked hitting my head with a baseball bat and sending me unconscious.

“That’s what you think!” those were the last words I heard before everything went complete blank...