Chapter 4: Shattered Heart

Gone for a business meeting. Be back in a week. Anything different = beating. Simple Math. –Dad

These were the days that I could visit my mom and go for a run, the soccer field and finally relax. I haven’t felt so worried free for so long. I changed into my sweats and an oversized hoodie that had my favourite number at the back, 8. Walking to the bus stand, grabbing some flowers and chocolates I made my way.

Knock Knock.  “Come in” groaned my mother in pain.

“Hey mom! How are you?” I tried to surprise her but not making her feel any pain.

“I am actually great. Where’s your father” she asked. “Business meeting” I explained without sounding so happy. You see, my mother doesn’t know anything that happens in at home. I don’t want her to stress over and make her blood pressure rate pump up to the amount she couldn’t imagine. I take a strong look at her giving her a smile and tears flowing down my cheeks with the scene I am looking at.

“Mu-uumm. I miss you so much. Please God. Heal her, I need her at home. I need my mother. I need her love.” I whimpered.  Regretfully, she heard.

“Honneeyy, Ale-ughx—I-ii- lov-vee youu. Remember-ughr tha-at...” Beep.

I look up not making any movement.

“Mommy. No. no no no. Get up. PLEASE!! MOOMM…. GETT UPP.” I cried over and over again. Nurse. I need a nurse. Screaming for one they come in panicking. They look at me with their heads down turning the machine off and putting a hand on my shoulder and walking out of the room.

I can’t believe she’s gone. She’s gone. She’s actually gone. SHE’S GONE!!! My mother is actually gone.