Chapter 18: It simply took one look...

I woke up the next morning. Everyone was gone. Jake and his family were nowhere in sight. I didn’t worry. They probably went for an important meeting or something. I hadn’t been at the soccer field for a while so I changed into soccer shorts and a grey sweater. I grabbed a water bottle and headed to the soccer field. I made my way and it was empty. Grabbing my soccer ball I started to dribble, some keep ups, taking a couple of shots and that about my signature move. I did the maradona and ended it with a scissor kick to the side. I landed on my feet safely trying my best not to harm the baby.

I heard shuffling behind me and saw Jake in a tuxedo and his family behind him in a straight line dressed all fancy.

“You guys are dressed up fancy for something.” I addressed.

“Ugh. Well. We actually kind of did on purpose...” stuttered Mr. Wilson.

“Alex.” I turn my attention towards Jake. The most beautiful and full hearted man I ever laid eyes upon.

“Since day 1 I laid my eyes on you. I knew I couldn’t look back or shrug of the thought of you. I didn’t see you as a lost cause. I saw you as a survivor and a brave and strong women. I needed you from the start and need you till the end. I want to live my life with you for as long as possible and make stupid choices with you and happy ones that we will never regret. I want a family with you and a happy wife that loves me as much as I love her. You soccer skills are out of this world. We may just be in high school and entering college or university in a couple of months but, I still can’t get the feeling off of me that if I don’t do this right now...” he laid one knee on the ground and my mouth covering my mouth in shock. I knew what was going to happen next yet, no words were escaping my mouth.

“Alex Ryder. Will you marry me and by my Alex Wilson?” he smiled and I just cried. That was all I did. Tears rolling down my cheeks.

“Yes. A million times. Yes Jake. I will be your only Alex Wilson!” he stood up and I ran to him engulfing him with a bear hug wrapping my legs around his waist and arms around his neck. I looked up to him and he kissed me with such passion.

“You are my happily ever after Jake” I stated with such love.

“You are my happily ever after Alex” kissing me with no words to come out.

Mom was right. Once I meet him, my prince charming, my knight in shining armour, I would be happy from then on and forward. I miss you mom. You were my everything. Jake Wilson was because of you mom.

Because of you...

 It simply took one look.