It's perfect

Sorry that I haven't updated in so long. I'm lazy.

I awkwardly stepped inside the office. It looked a little like the hall, full of drawings and pictures, but much more professional. The desk was almost full of all kinds of books and contracts, only leaving a small space for the user to write on. Large stacks of papers were neatly ordered in different colored folders. Most of the walls were covered in massive bookcases, the shelves filled with all sizes of colorful books. The floor was made from some kind of light brown wood, which made the small room look really well-cleaned. The pin-up board however was a mess, with all kinds of sticky notes, drawings, letters, and photos.

I noticed movement behind the desk, and turned to find a small, wrinkled, old man. He was wearing a white shirt with a black fairy tail mark. which, thanks to his size, almost reached to his knees. Over his shirt hung an orange hoodie. His pants were almost the same shade of orange as his hoodie. He was barely visible behind the piles of documents, but he could just see over them.

He pushed some of the piles to the side and stepped on his desk. He then extended his hand for an introduction. I shook his hand and introduced myself as Lucy Heartstone again. "Hello Lucy, take a seat. I'm Makarov, but all the children call me master or Gramps. What can I help you with?" I sat down on one of the chairs in front of the desk. "Well, I've been homeless for a while now, and I met Natsu today. He told me that I maybe could... live in Fairy Tail?" I left out the part that I was sort of blackmailed into this. Master Makarov nodded and then turned to one of the closets. He took a key from his pocket, and opened the door. I couldn't see much of the inside, but what I could see was rows of cardboard boxes with white labels filled with all kinds of names from office items. When he turned away from the closet, I could see him holding one of the smaller cardboard boxes. He locked the door again and dropped the key back in his pocket. He placed the box on his desk and opened it. He took out a black hooded sweater with 'fairy tail family' written in white curvy letters and handed it to me. "Do you think this is your size?" he asked, trying to find the size on the label of the box. I stared at him blankly. "Don't I need to do some sort of interview?" I asked, curious about why he only wanted to know my name. "You see, everyone has secrets. Everyone has things they don't want to tell others. Most children who come here don't want to recall what they've been through, so who am I to ask questions?" He pointed at the sweater, which was now laying half-unfolded on my lap. "I can't find the size, can you try it on? I think it might be a tad bit big." I nodded and slipped the sweater over my head, and it dropped into place perfectly, but slightly hanging over my hands, and a little past my belt. "It's a little big, do you want a size smaller?" Master asked, inspecting the sleeves.

This was the first time I've worn something so comfortable. Father always insisted that I had to look presentable, so I didn't bring any more shame to the Heartfilia name than I had already done. All I've ever worn were skirts, dresses, and blouses. The sweater was so soft, and so warm. Was this how comfortable felt? No. This is how freedom felt. I'm never going to wear a skirt again. I smiled a real smile for the first time in years. "It's perfect."

Thankyou for reading 'Just another orphanage'. Leave a vote if you liked it.

Leave a comment with what you think of this chapter, ideas, mistakes, anything. I would love to hear your thoughts!

Also, I have created another book, called 'Thoughts of a psycho'. In this book I write things I think about, ideas, and other stuff. The first thing I wrote is the '#NoMoreBullying' challenge. If you have time, please read it, and I challenge all of you, my readers, to do the challenge too. #NoMoreBullying!  *\(^-^)/* -silver *\(^-^)/*