Battle of the Backyards Pt. 2

That night I laid in bed as I thought about what happened earlier. My hand slowly raised to my cheek and ghosted over where her lips gently brushed.

She kissed me. Had I just imagined it? I had to ask her, but how? I can't just walk up to her and go

"HEY MAXIMOFF! I HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON YOU EVEN THOUGH I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOUR FIRST NAME AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU ACTUALLY KISSED ME, OR IF I WAS JUST IMAGINING IT".

I mean I could, but I'd look like a crackhead and she would probably never talk to me ever again. Knock Knock.

Someone was at my window.

How that was possible was beyond me, considering my window was like 10 feet of the ground. I grabbed my bat and slowly flicked the curtains back. Guess who it was.

Freaking, Maximoff Girl.

I ripped back the curtains and opened the window.
"What are you doing here Maximoff?" I whisper shouted.
"I realized we never got a proper introduction, I'm Wanda" she smiled.
"Ok, umm.... I'm Y/N. May I ask what your standing on or are you just levitating like a witch."
"Oh it's just my brother helping me," she answered as she looked down.
"Say hello Pietro."
"Hello" the boy spoke.

I looked out the window to see Wanda standing on a boy's shoulders. I waved down at him and he waved back, his face fell from a smile to a look of pure terror.

Something moved in the bushes.

"SNAKE" He yelled and ran in the other direction, causing Wanda to fall off his shoulders. I grabbed her arms and started pulling her up as she tried to climb into my room. We both tumbled to the floor in exhaustion. We sat in silence for a second taking deep breaths and trying to control our heart-rate. What started out as a quiet giggle soon turned into a full out laugh from her. I giggled and was soon laughing loudly as well.

"Did you see your face?" She cackled.
"Well jeez if your gonna insult me like that I'll let you fall next time!" I smirked. We soon calmed down and stared at the ceiling smiling.
I felt her hand slowly wrap around mine as we listened to the music playing on the radio.
I took a deep breath.
"Wanda?"
She hummed in response.
"Earlier when you were talking to me while I was measuring the fence, when you said goodbye. Did you...." I trailed off. She rolled over and looked me in the eye.
"Did I what?"
"Did you kiss me?"
She blushed and sat up.
'Well I.. I'm sorry.. I don't... I don't know why I did it it just felt right and-" I cut her off by placing my lips on hers. She seemed shocked for a second and then melted into the kiss. My hand traveled down to her waist and I pulled her closer, while her hands dug into my hair. Of course, our little moment was short lived when the door to my bedroom creaked open. We jumped apart and looked to see who was at the door. It was my mom.

Crap.

"Oh, um... hello Wanda dear you're mom is looking for you, so call her if your spending the night" she stuttered. She was (understandably) shocked after walking in on her daughter making out with the neighbors they're supposed to not like.
"Y/N could you come here for a second". Well, this was it. The end of Y/N L/N. At least I got to kiss the most beautiful girl in the world before I died.

I walked to the kitchen with my head hung low.
"Look Mom, I'm sorry-" I started before I was cut off.
"There's no reason to be sorry. I knew you were bound to have your first kiss someday. I'm just happy it wasn't with some punky kid who didn't deserve you." She said. Her face slowly formed from an empathetic smile to that look of realization.

"Wait- is that the reason you wanted me to call off the lawsuit, so you could still be on good terms with your girlfriend?" She questioned.
"Sort of" I half-lied.
"Oh honey, why didn't you say so. I'll call the lawyer tomorrow and it'll be all over with."
"Thanks Mom" I smiled.
"I'm going out to meet a friend, there's a pizza in the fridge if your hungry, keep your hands to yourself." She joked.
"We'll do our best." I laughed
"Oh you better missy"

I walked up the stairs to my room to see Wanda was still on the phone speaking in what I think was Russian.
"Да, мама, я понимаю. Мне жаль. Доброй ночи. И впусти Пьетро внутрь." She finished.
"Sorry about that," she said as she put her phone on the table.
"It's no problem," I shrugged.
"Does your mom only speak Russian?" I asked.
"Oh no, she knows how to speak  English, but she always seems to be in a better mood when you talk to her I Russian" she answered.
"You were buttering her up, weren't you?"
"Maybe" she smirked.
I laughed and tossed some pajamas at her and grabbed mine from the drawer.
"Well go on, you can't sleep in your clothes" She shrugged, picked them up, and walked into the bathroom to change as I surfed through my laptop looking for a movie for us to watch. I felt her curl up next to me as I clicked play on a Harry Potter movie. As the opening credits rolled she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Does this mean we're a thing now?" She whispered.

"Only if you want us to be." She looked up and kissed me on the cheek.

"I would love for us to be one."