Stuffed Animals

Thank you all so much for 400+ reads. It always makes me so happy to see so many people reading this. Sorry for the long waits for the updates. Thank you guys. 
------------------------------------------------------------------Y/N was known as one of the most ruthless, tough-skinned, person on the team. Even Natasha was scared of her somedays. That's right. NATASHA was scared of her. So naturally, most of the team tried to away from her at all costs. That was, until one night.

Wanda shot up in bed in a panic. Usually when this happened, FRIDAY would alert Natasha, and she would come down and check on her. Tonight was different though. Clint was with his family, Thor was back on Asgard, and the rest of the team was on a mission. Leaving Wanda and Y/N the only ones in the tower.

"Would you like me to alert Miss. Y/N?" Friday asked through the speaker. Wanda shook her head in fear,
"No, no don't" she answered quickly. She was scared of her, she wasn't going to wake her up at this hour. Wanda lay back down and tried to fall back asleep, but she couldn't. The nightmare would slowly start to seep into her mind as soon as she closed her eyes. Wanda sat up in defeat, put on a pair of slippers, and walked down the hall to Y/N's room. Taking a deep breath, she lightly tapped on the door.
"Y/N?" She whispered turning the handle slowly. The door creaked open and Wanda winced at the noise. The lamp on the bedside table was immediately turned on, and a gun was being pointed in her direction.
"WHO'S THERE?" Y/N demanded. Wanda gulped slightly and walked into the light. The girl in the bed sighed and put down the weapon.
"Oh, it's only you Maximoff. What's the matter?" .

Wanda's mind was suddenly laced with questions. Why does she have a gun on her nightstand? Why did the first question sound so angry? Why did the second question sound so sincerest? It must be a trap. What are you supposed to say? You're gonna sound like a child!

Y/N smirked.
"You're not the only one who can read minds around here Maximoff. What did you want to say?"

Wanda blushed.
"I- um.. I had a nightmare and um.. usually Natasha would come in and comfort me, but Natasha's not here. So I was umm... wondering if I could- You know what nevermind" Wanda stuttered out, as she turned to leave.

"No come in, sit down" Y/N said patting her bed. Wanda shuffled forward and sat on the edge of the bed. Y/N huffed, leaned forward, and wrapped her arms around Wanda, pulling her up onto the bed.
Wanda relaxed and leaned into Y/N a bit. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Y/N whispered. Wanda shook her head and closed her eyes. She felt a blanket being wrapped around her when something hit her leg. She reached down and felt something soft, something furry. Wrapping a hand around it she pulled the mystery item into the light. It was an old stuffed elephant.

"Aww, how cute" Wanda smiled. Y/N looked over and snatched the elephant out of her hands. Wanda frowned slightly.
"I'm sorry, but please don't touch this" Y/N said.
"Aww, who would've thought that the scariest Avenger would sleep with a stuffed animal" Wanda teased, causing Y/N to bury her head in her hands.
"Does it have a name?" Wanda asked.
"Miss Bubbles" Y/N sighed defeatedly.
"Please don't tell the others, I'll never hear the end of it." 

Wanda smiled and leaned on Y/N's shoulder.
"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She reassured.
"Can I ask one question though?" Wanda said. Y/N looked up.
"Why do you have it?" Wanda asked.
"It keeps me company. I've had it since I was a kid, and it helps me fall asleep. No one assumes that I have nightmares, either that or they just don't care, so I talk to the elephant until I fall asleep again. I don't even know why I'm telling you this stuff," Y/N sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. Wanda sat quietly and picked up the elephant, petting it's fur and gently pulling at its ears.

"I'm very sorry to hear that, but why didn't you just come to one of us before?" Wanda asked.

"I didn't want to bother you guys or make myself a chore. You all seemed so happy with eachother, I didn't want to barge in. So I put on the 'I need no one' face, so I don't get pity." Y/N answered honestly. Her eyes slowly started to tear up, until she let one roll down her cheek. Wanda pulled her face into her hands and gently rubbed the tears off her face.

"Don't cry. You're not a bother or a chore. You're not barging in. We don't mean to leave you alone, but you need to let us in" Wanda said. It felt so strange to see one of the toughest Avengers crying in her arms.

Wanda felt tears start to slide down her cheeks. Y/N looked up to her,
"Why are you crying?" She asked.
"I hate seeing people cry, when they cry I start to cry" she said laughing a bit at the end. Y/N started laughing too.

So here they were. Sharing their stories, crying and laughing at the same time, until they finally collapsed onto the bed. Both turned to look at eachother,
"Hi"
"Hey"
They wrapped their arms around eachother and fell asleep shortly after that with Miss Bubbles contently squeezed between them.
------------------------------------------------------------------
AN: Hi Hey Hello, good to see you again. I'm going on a trip this weekend to see some family we haven't seen in forever, so.... I don't think there will be any updates. Thank you again for 400+ reads. Fun Fact: Miss Bubbles is a real stuffed animal, but I haven't seen it in years. I think we donated it. Bye for now.
- Nat.