Chapter 6

a confusing question to ask

Sammy’s pov:

I decided to check up on the sheep since he hadn’t come out of my sanctuary. 

I was very confused as I felt a temperature difference as I walked closer to the opening as everything was usually the same cold temperature but I ignored it as nothing was really normal here.

I was very surprised by the fact that he was sleeping on the medical bed, more surprised that a small inkling was sleeping there with him. 

It honestly looked adorable to me.

As I watched, I noticed that the sheep was shivering and felt guilty, though I don't understand why I went through the wall and got a blanket for him. as I backed up and started leaving I couldn't help but wonder why I suddenly felt so guilty… I mean it's not like I knew him or could have even cared even so why do I now?

I walked up to where the projector was and continued to wonder on why.

Henry’s pov: (a few hours later)

I woke up, confused but pleasantly surprised until I realized that there's an inkling sleeping on my chest and I'm covered by a blanket too.

I flipped out and practically screeched while almost falling out of the bed, terrified that someone could have done something to me in my sleep and the fact that one of those things is on my chest….

I looked at the thing confused and scared by it, wondering why it was just on my chest. sleeping. It woke up after I thought that.

it then freaked out after seeing me awake. It tried to slip away but I grabbed it.

It struggled, seeming more afraid of me than I was afraid of it. "why were you on my chest?" I whispered to it. It stopped struggling, staring at me before gesturing for me to move it closer to my ear.

I did, then hearing it say(though I almost couldn't hear it) "it's cold… and you're warm!". I looked confused at it before asking "why do you sound so faint?". they replied with "I'm not as developed as other’s… I was told something went wrong in the process of getting a form."

I put it down on the bed as I got up, picking up my axe. I looked at it for a second before starting to leave. It followed me as I had a realization that my headache wasn't as bad as before. I felt up at the specific spots only to find out that I had horns now sprouting out of my head/hair.

I decided not to look into it as I went to the pipe and turned the valve on it. 

I started heading out with the smaller inkling in toe before I heard different pitches of groaning and some screeching/screaming before seeing inklings and some bigger, more hostile looking ones.