Chapter 8

(smaller memories)

(this is in the past in the first part of the chapter so ima not let the names be a secret, it's also so you can see his adopted toon son! he is a toon i'm just horrible at drawing that style for the most part at times)

Henry’s pov:

I was out in the rain(with my umbrella of course), coming home with groceries when I heard someone crying. I turned and looked around the forest area. After a while of searching I saw someone under one of the larger trees, crying alone.

I walked closer to the person. The closer I got the more I noticed. like how the person was a kid, and also how that kid didn't look human. now not in the fact that they weren't human but the fact that they looked more like a toon than human.(he also seemed to be a boy.)

Nevertheless I walked up and asked "hey kid, is everything okay? Do you need help?". The child lifted his hands from their face and looked at me. "w-what?" is all he said, still crying. 

I sighed and said "do you need help, or a place to stay?". "y-yeah, but why are you helping me?".

"because it's the right thing to do." is all I said.

……
back at the house, a few hours later.

"so… what's your name child?" I said to him. "I'm Lotus, thanks for helping me!" he said, smiling.

……
Lotus pov: present day

It's been two weeks, where Is dad? He said he'd be back in two day's… what was the letter even about?

"He still isn't back" I heard from behind me. "no, Alexander". Alexander sighed as he walked over to where I was in dad's bedroom.

"why did he even leave?" Alexander asked me. "I don't know for the most part, all I heard was him saying something and the name joey before telling me he was going..." I said. Alexanders face was pale once I had said the name joey. 

"did… did you say he said the name joey?" Alexander asked. I nodded as he started to shift, clearly worried. "Why do you look so worried?" I asked, getting a bit irritated.

Alexander then said "look… did you hear anything about an old building, a studio perhaps?...". "Yes, why?" I said.

"fuck, we need to go get Henry right now." was all he said to me.