Family

• Dedicated to My Parents

When you have a family, you need to have a good relationship with your kids, grand-parents, siblings and more. If you’re a parent you’ll want to have a healthy relationship with your kids. The key is to understand them on their level. The first important tip is their social life. You may think their level of technology is too high or they hang out with their friends too much. But whatever you do, do NOT ban them from it. It will just make matters worse on their lives. Too much technology is a big problem with kids these days, so to be fair, don’t ban it from them all the way just consult them about it. They will usually say something very useful. You should get worried when they’re not coming to eat and playing video games all night or texting their friends while at church. Those are two examples of bad parenting on your half. When you are starting to worry about their time on the internet or with friends, first consult them about it and then make a deal. For example: “How about you only play electronics once done all your school-work” is a good one. See if it improves, and if it doesn’t than you can result to measures.

Now with their grades: If you start to notice that your child’s grades are slipping, you should figure out what the problem is first. Math is common with kids to fail at, but no problem to fix. Review each night what your child is struggling with, and help them out. For whatever reason they are having trouble with, it can be fixed. The last important status with kids is their needs. Every day they’ll surely be onto you about some new cell-phone or a pet, but you need to convince them that they need to work for it. Having kids is a load of trouble but it pays off. With having sisters and brothers the tricks I’ve learned are to ignore them when you can and give them gum when you need something done. When it comes to family’s everyone has a sweet spot, even that annoying brother at the end of the day has some perks. Being a Parent is even harder. You always have to figure out things with your kids especially when you have teenagers. Just don’t be too strict and you’ll survive in the world of wonders, and make sure not to bring in your opinion when their talking about stuff in the new generation. When kids say nothing’s wrong it usually means that they don’t want to talk about it or you have to figure it out.

I hope my parents take in on some of this advice because all the kids out there know what I mean. When you’re a kid you can do anything! You never care about testing the limits or getting dirty. That’s why you have to use that time while you have it. Some kids do whatever they want all the time in this generation. My life is very busy and sometimes parents don’t understand, but what I have learned is that life can be bumpy but you can stay strong. Especially if you’re a kid because you don’t have big problems like adults yet.