Reputations

Reputation is a big part of most people’s lives so to keep things fresh all the time and not be publicly embarrassed it pretty difficult. It all depends on the people you’re working with. If their weird just like you and you don’t feel nervous around them. Or if you’re moved to a new place with new people and you’re not used to them it could be a little more difficult, especially if you’re all adults. The first thing you need to do is become familiar with everyone, you know just be a little extra nice to the people around you. If you want to be more popular and not just be ‘there’, it’s a little more complicated. You have to impress people. Find something your good at and use it to make something fan-triple-tastic! But you have to keep at it or people will forget you again, that’s how the world works. It also helps to have a great sense of humor.

Things spread around fast and most of the time they aren’t good, this is also where good friends come in. It comes in handy. Being humiliated is not a fun walk in the park. It’s happened to me before and trust me you DON’T want it to happen to you, because other people sometimes won’t forget it. To avoid that from happening don’t do anything embarrassing even when you’re alone at home. You don’t want to take any chances when you’re in the society of this generation. Also important is who you are, you want to get a good rep from other people so don’t forget someone’s always watching. You could help out Mrs.Kravitz from across the street or donate to charity.

Avoid the “Control-People” (Read Relationships chapter) who may be delighted to spread new rumors about your fake lifestyle, and stay near the “Friendly-People” who you will most likely be safe, as the society is a dangerous place for a newbie. If you’re still in school it’s a different process. Trying to get into the “Popular group” it’s easier than it sounds when you just act like it’s no big deal, be nice and treat people the way you would want to be treated! Stick with your own friends and don’t be desperate. Just be yourself (unless yourself is really creepy..). You need to learn now so that you’re not un-prepared when you go into the real world of misfortune. Just remember have a positive attitude and stay safe!