Chapter 5

Annabeth PoV

I think I might cry.

No Annabeth you are an adult now, no more crying.

"Do you want to go to school today Aspen?" I inwardly cringed when my voice cracked.

"No!" Aspen giggled raising her fist. A smile lit up my face as I pulled into Wendy's to get her a frosty.

Percy's PoV

"Percy slow down or you're going to drink yourself to death." Jason reprimanded me sending me a glare.

I ignore him and downed my third pint of beer.

"I'm drinking away my problems." I grumbled, as soon as Annabeth had left I had called Jason and told him to meet me at the local bar.

"Well that's not going to solve anything."

"It'll make me forget them for a while."

Jason stood up and grabbed a hold of my collar "Come on Im taking you home, Piper will want to talk to you."

***

"Have you guys even heard anything from her?" I asked pinching the bridge of my nose, trying to get rid of the growing headache.

"About four months after you left Annabeth quit answering our calls, and basically cut all ties with us." Piper said handing me a glass of water.

"She was a mess when you left." Jason added as walked up behind Piper and pulled her into his arms. I tried not scowl.

"Well then I'll go call Thalia she's bound to know something." I hoped off the bar stool and looked around at their modern kitchen with marble counters and sleek stainless steel utilities.

Annabeth's PoV

"I just don't know what to do Thalia, he just walked in like nothing happened. You should have seen his face when he saw Aspen, it looked like he was going to punch a wall." I sighed as I fell onto her plush couch. Aspen was asleep in the back room.

Thalia peered at me over the top of her mug.

"Well maybe you should start by asking him what he wants. He could be here to- excuse me for a second my phones ringing." she dug into her pocket and pulled out her cellphone.

"Oh hey Percy, I was just thinking about you." I stiffened

"You're coming over? Oh okay if you want." I jumped off the couch and ran into the back room carefully picking up Aspen so I wouldn't wake her up.

"I gotta go Thal." I hissed as I rushed towards the door.

"Thalia are you here?" I heard a familiar voice echo through the small apartment.